The Value of the Cost-Effectiveness Index In Terms of Changing of the Incinerators Capacity
The main subject of this paper is the optimization of a model of disposal and treatment of municipal waste, as well as computer software MRGO + (Model for Regional Waste Management), through which the model was implemented. It has been verified by the author and adapted to the needs of the proposed model to optimize the disposal and treatment of medical waste in the example of the Podlaskie Province. This paper describes the optimization study aimed to analysis of the impact of reducing the capacity incinerators of medical waste on the value of the cost-effectiveness index (E). The study was conducted on the example of the analysis of medical waste management system in north-eastern Poland, in the Podlaskie Province. (original abstract)
- Apaydin O., Gonullu M.T. (2007), Route optimization for solid waste collection: Trabzon (Turkey) case study, "Global Nest Journal" Vol. 9, No 1, p. 6-11.^6 Bazrafshan E., Mastafapoor F. K. (2010), Survey of Medical Waste Characterization and Management in Iran: A Case Study of Sistan and Baluchestan Province, "Waste Management & Research" No. 29(4), p. 442-450.
- Biedugnis S., Cholewiński J. (1992), Optymalizacja gospodarki odpadami, Warszawa, pp. 340.
- Biedugnis S., Podwójci P., Smolarkiewicz M. (2003), Optymalizacja gospodarką odpadami komunalnymi w skali mikro i makroregionalnej, Warszawa, pp. 96.
- Björklund A. (2000), Environmental systems analysis of waste management - Experiences from applications of the ORWARE model, Stockholm.
- Chaerul M., Tanaka M., Shekdar A.V. (2008), A system dynamics approach for hospital waste management, "Waste Management" Vol. 28, p. 442-449.
- Daellenbach H.G. (2001), Systems Thinking and Decision Making: A Management Science Approach, Christchurch.
- Dubrovsky V. (2004), Toward system principles: general system theory and the alternative approach, "Systems Research and Behavioral Science" No. 21(2), p. 109-122.
- Eriksson N.O., Bisaillon M. (2011), Multiple system modeling of waste management, "Waste Management" Vol. 31, p. 2620-2630.
- Gaska K. (2007), Object-oriented modelling, analysis and testing methods of integrated waste management systems, "Monograph" Vol. 35, AGH Krakow, p. 343-382.
- Kollikkathara N., Feng H., Yu D. (2010), A system dynamic modeling approach for evaluating municipal solid waste generation, landill capacity and related cost management issues, "Waste Management" Vol. 30, p. 2194-2203.
- Seadon J.K. (2010), Sustainable waste management systems, "Journal of Cleaner Production" Vol. 18, p. 1639-1651.