Benefits of Employer Brand and the Supporting Trends
Shortage of qualified staff and constant struggle for talents along with the retention of most valuable employees belong to the hottest personnel issues for the majority of organizations nowadays. HR marketing can significantly help in these areas. Within HR marketing human resources officers become those marketers who strive to keep their organization's name in the minds of all stakeholders, thus drawing their attention to organization's qualities as an employer, and in such a way winning by taking care of the most talented employees. The aim of this paper is to determine and evaluate the benefits resulting from employer branding and also to identify the trends conducive to the strengthening of an employer's brand. The data were obtained using a questionnaire survey (n = 492) in the selected Czech organizations. The results show that employer branding is an important element in all economic sectors and businesses can build their brands by focusing primarily on the stability of their current employees, their continuous development and their retaining of the most valuable knowledge. The article focuses on new strategic trends in building employer's good brand and attracting the most knowledgable workers. (original abstract)
- Aggerholm, H. K., Andersen, S. E., Thomsen, C. (2011). Conceptualising employer branding in sustainable organisations, Corporate Communications. An International Journal, 16(2), 105-123.
- Anderson, V. (2009). Research Method in Human Resource Management. 2 ed. London: Chartered Institute of Personnel Development.
- Archana, L., Nivya, V. G., Thankam, S. M. (2014). Recruitment through social media area: Human Resource. Journal of Business and Management, 1, 37-41.
- Bursová, I. (2009). Ma smysl v teto době budovat zaměstnavatelskou značku? A jak na to? Available at http://www.hrmanager.cz/files/hrforum0309.pdf (accessed May 2015).
- Edwards, M.R., Edwards, T. (2013). Employee responses to changing aspects of the employer brand following a multinational acquisition: a longitudinal study. Human Resource Management, 52(1), 27-54.
- Elving, W. J. L, Westhoff, J. J. C., Meeusen, K., Schoonderbeek, J. W. (2012). The war for talent? The relevance of employer branding in job advertisements for becoming an employer of choice. Journal of Brand Management, 20(5), 355-373.
- Grabara, J. (2013). Employer's expectations towards the employees from the marketing and management department. Polish Journal of Management Studies, 7, 58-70.
- Hebák, P., Hustopecký, J., Jarošová, E., Pecáková, I. (2004). Statistics and data processing (in Czech). Prague: Informátorium.
- Helm, S. (2011). Employees' awareness of their impact on corporate reputation. Journal of Business Research, 64(7), 657-663.
- Hershatter, A., Epstein, M. (2010). Millennials and the World of Work: An Organization and Management Perspective. Journal of Business and Psychology, 25(2), 211-223.
- Hitka, M., Stachová, K., Balážová, Ž., Stacho Z. (2015). Differences in Employee Motivation at Slovak Primary Schools in Rural and Urban Areas. International Education Studies, 8(5), 33-42.
- Hučková, K. (2012). Jak vybudovat autentickou značku zaměstnavatele? Available at http://www.personalni--marketing.cz/detail-clanku/jak-vybudovat-autentickou--znacku- zamestnavatele (accessed May 2015).
- HR Forum (2016). People Management Forum, 5, 10. Chand, S. (2015). Personnel Research: Definition and Purpose of Personal Research. YourArticleLibrary.com: The Next Generation Library [online]. 2015 [cit. 2016-05-22]. Available at: www.yourarticlelibrary.com/employee-management/personnel-research-definition-and-purpose-of-personal-research/35507/.
- Jenkins, A. K. (2009). Keeping the talent: understanding the needs of engineering and scientists in the defense acquisition workforce. Defense Acquisition Review Journal, 1, 164-170.
- Keller, K. L. (2007). Strategické řízení značky. 1.vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing.
- Kazdová, A. (2014). Even candidates build your brand (in Czech). Modern Management, 49(10), 61-63.
- Love, L.F., Singh, P. (2011). Workplace Branding: Leveraging Human Resources Management Practices for Competitive Advantage Through "Best Employer Surveys". Journal of Business and Psychology, 26(2), 175-181.
- Martin, G., Gollan, P. J., Grigg, K. (2011). Is there a bigger and better future for employer branding? Facing up to innovation, corporate reputations and wicked problems in SHRM. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 22(17), 3618-3637.
- Minchington, B. (2016). People Management Forum, 5, 10. Neumeier, M. (2006). The Brand Gap. 2. vyd. Berkeley: New riders.
- Ng, E. S. W., Schweitzer, L., Lyons, S. T. (2010). New generation, great expectations: A field study of the millennial generation. Journal of Business and Psychology, 25(2), 281-292.
- Saini, G. K., Rai, P., Chaudhary, M. K. (2014). What do best employer surveys reveal about employer branding and intention to apply? Journal of Brand Management, 21(2), 95-111.
- Saxena, P., Jain, R. (2012). Managing career aspirations of generation Y at work place. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 2(7), 114-118.
- Urbancová, H., Richter, P., Kučírková, L., Jarkovská, M. (2017). Employer Branding in Agriculture Sector: Making a Company Attractive for Potential Employees. Agricultural Economics, 63, 217-227.
- Van Mossevelde Ch. (2014). What is Employer Branding? Available at http://universumglobal.com/2014/03/whatis-employer-branding/ (accessed May 2015).
- Wilden, R., Gudergan, S., Lings, I. (2010). Employer branding: Strategic implications for staff recruitment. Journal of Marketing Management, 26, 56-73.
- Woźniak, J. (2015). The Use of Gamification at Different Levels of E-Recruitment. Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy, 3(2), 257-278.