2017 | 69 Transport Development and Perfomance in Relation to the Idea of Sustainable Development - Part III | 91--104
Trends in the Development of Information Systems for Transport Management
Transport management is one of the key element of successful and efficient organization of logistic processes within companies (Rydzkowski, Wojewódzka-Król, 2010). The primary purpose of this article is to present results of authors' study on the existing and modern concepts, tools and techniques of transport management. The analysis is based on research priorities specified by the European Logistics Technology Platform ALICE and relating to the Physical Internet and the Internet of Things concepts. Survey, desk research and real case study results were used in the paper. Finally, assumptions of modern IT tool for transport management were presented in the last chapter. (original abstract)
- Alliance for Logistics Innovation through Collaboration in Europe info note. Available from http://www.etp-logistics.eu [Accessed 10 May 2016].
- Aslekar, P., Londhe, P. and Ashwini, G.A. (2016), M2M Communication - Power Link Technology, IJSRD - International Journal for Scientific Research and Development, 4, ISSN (online): 2321-0613.
- Ballot, E., Montreuil, B. and Meller, R. (2014), The Physical Internet, The network of logistics networks, la documentation Française.
- Boswarthick, D., Elloumi, O. and Hersent, O. (Eds.). (2012), M2M communications: A systems approach, John Wiley & Sons.
- Cheng-Chieh, C. and Yu-Chieh, C. (2016), A Dynamic Programming Model for Attended Delivery Time Slot Management, Transportation Research Board 95th Annual Meeting, 16-0559.
- Christopher, M. (2016), Logistics and supply chain management, Pearson, UK.
- Hentschel, B. et al. (2015), Ranking of integration factors within supply chains of forward and backward types-recommendations from researches, LogForum, 11, pp. 63-77.
- Khodakarami, F. and Yolande, E. (2014), Exploring the role of customer relationship management (CRM) systems in customer knowledge creation, Information and Management, 51, pp. 27-42.
- Mes, M.R.K. and Iacob, M.E. (2016), Synchromodal Transport Planning at a Logistics Service Provider, Logistics and Supply Chain Innovation. Springer International Publishing, pp. 23-36.
- Ming, F. et al. (2012), GSM/GPRS Bearers Efficiency Analysis for Machine Type Communications, Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), 2012 IEEE 75th, IEEE.
- Nettsträter, A. et al. (2015), Logistics Software Systems and Functions: An Overview of ERP, WMS, TMS and SCM Systems. In: Cloud Computing for Logistics. Springer International Publishing, pp. 1-11.
- Rydzkowski, W. and Wojewódzka-Król, K. (Eds.). (2010), Transport, Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, Warszawa.
- Sharma, A., Vineet, K. and Tomar, R.P.S. (2015), Location Based Services in M-Commerce: Customer Trust and Transaction Security Issues, International Journal of Computer Science and Security, 9, p. 11.
- Szymczak, M. (2001), Satelitarna nawigacja pojazdów. System Navstar GPS, Eurologistics, 4.
- Zijm, H. and Klumpp, M. (2016), Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Developments and Trends. In: Zijm, H., Klumpp, M., Clausen, U. and Hompel, M.T. (Eds.), Logistics and Supply Chain Innovation, Springer International Publishing, pp. 1-20.