The New Product Development Models in the Furniture Industry - a Literature Review
The new product development models in the furniture industry - a literature review Very little has been published concerning the product development process in the furniture industry regardless of knowledge that furniture is a product with a big potential, caused by many possible feature combinations, serving both functional and aesthetic considerations. Nevertheless, this paper explores the new product development models in the furniture industry through a deep literature analysis which was an introduction to research into the new product development process in the Polish furniture industry. This study sought to expand knowledge of the activities involved in furniture product development and revealed the gaps in previous researches(original abstract)
- Bumgardner M., Bush R., West C. (2001): Product Development in large furniture companies: a descriptive model with implications for character-marked products. Wood and Fiber Science, 33(2). The Society of Wood Science and Technology, pp. 302 - 313.
- Dell'Era C., Marchesi A., Verganti R. (2008): Linguistic network configurations: management of innovation in design-intensive firms. International Journal of Innovation Management; Vol. 12, No 1
- Ekberg K. (2005): Design Investments in Small Wood Manufacturing Companies - Problems and Possibilities of Using Design Expertise in Product Development. Lulea University of Technology, Licentiate Thesis; Sweden.
- Hart S., Baker M. (1994): The Multiple Convergent Processing Model of New Product Development; International Marketing Review, 11
- Kristensen T., Lojacono G. (2002): Commissioning Design: Evidence from the Furniture Industry. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, Vol. 14, No 1
- Pasternak K., Pawłowska A. (2003): Application Possibility of New Product Development Models in Different - Sized Enterprises. Ann. of Warsaw Agricultural University, Forestry and Wood Technology, Special number II, Warszawa
- Pitkänen A. (2009): Critical Success Factors in a Furniture Development Process. Furniture design process review through a Finnish - Japanese design project. MA Thesis, University of Art and Design Helsinki.
- Rutkowski I. (2006): Metodyczne i kompetencyjne uwarunkowania rozwoju nowego produktu w przedsiębiorstwach przemysłowych. Seria: Prace habilitacyjne. Wydawnictwo Akademii Ekonomicznej w Poznaniu, Poznań.
- Szymanowski W., Olkowicz M. (2010a): Implementing new products the chance of furniture industry development. Ann. WULS-SGGW, For and Wood Technol., No 71. Warszawa,
- Trott P. (2008): Innovation Management and New Product Development. Pearson Education Limited, UK.