Management Tools to Support Timber Consumption
The current production capacity of Czech forests in relatively high due to a number of factors, namely the increasing forest area and standing volume. On the other hand, however, timber consumption in the Czech Republic is very low as compared with countries of the European Union and with the rest of the world although the Czech timber industry and all its branches can supply competitive products. Increased production, consumption, exports of wood products and development of wood-processing companies can be achieved only by using expedient management tools. The management tools include high-quality logistics as a process of planning, implementation and control of effective movement of raw material, semi-products, goods and services as well as related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption (application), and marketing as a set of activities implemented in relation to customers and consumers of the produce. Wood-processing companies should in the future focus more also on increasing the share of wood and wood products with the certification of wood consumer chain, which may contribute to enhance their competitiveness(original abstract)
- Hlaváčková P.: Financial aspects of forest management certification in the Czech Republic. Dissertation. Brno: MZLU Brno. 2005. 78 pp.
- Kalousek F., Lenoch, J., Štork, R.: Financial aspects of using wood mass - Monograph. Brno: MZLU Brno. 2007. 72 pp. ISBN 978-80-7375-047-3.
- Statistical data of the European Statistical Office EUROSTAT available on websites - http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu
- Statistical Yearbooks of the Czech Republic available on websites of the Statistical office - www.czso.cz
- Reports on forests and forestry of the Czech Republic in 2006, 2007 available on websites of the Forest Management Institute in Brandýs nad Labem - www.uhul.cz