The Effect of the Use of Mobile Technologies by Management in Polish Manufacturing Enterprises on the Efficiency of Knowledge Transfer within a Company
This article elaborates an existence of a positive effect of the use of mobile technologies by managers, according to their competences, on the efficiency of explicit knowledge transfer in a manufacturing company. It focuses on the set of the competences of managers, who use the mobile technologies in manufacturing companies and is based on a survey and data obtained from 119 Polish manufacturing enterprises. This article develops a framework of how managers can determinate the knowledge transfer in a manufacturing company and further discusses the research results. (original abstract)
- Abbott D., Brown S., Wilson G. - Development management as reflective practice [in] Journal of International Development, Vol. 19, No. 2, 2007, pp. 187-203.
- Alam M., Gale A., Brown M., Khan A.I. - The Importance of Human Skills in Project Management Professional Development [in] International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, Vol. 3, No. 3, 2010, pp. 495-516.
- Albino V., Garavelli A.C., Schiuma G. - Knowledge transfer and inter-firm relationships in industrial districts: the role of the leader firm [in] Technovation, Vol. 19, 1999, pp. 53-63.
- Albino V., Schiuma G., Sivo G. - Firm networks for building maintenance and urban renovation: The technological and organisational evolution [in] European Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, Vol. 4, 1998, pp. 21-29.
- Chituc C.M., Americo A., Cesar T. - A framework proposal for seamless interoperability in a collaborative networked environment [in] Computers in Industry, Vol. 60, No. 5, 2009.
- Cotora L. - Managing and Measuring the Intangibles to Tangibles Value Flows and Conversion Process: Romanian Space Agency case study [in] Measuring Business Excellence, Vol.11, No. 1, 2007, pp. 53-60.
- Crawford L. - Senior management perceptions of project management competence [in] International Journal of Project Management , Vol. 23, 2005, pp. 7-16.
- Dillman D.A. - Mail and Internet Surveys: The Tailored Design Method. John Wiley & Sons. Inc., New York 2000.
- Hausman A., Johnston W.J. - The impact of coercive and non-coercive forms of influence on trust, commitment and compliance in supply chains [in] Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 39, No. 3, 2010, pp. 519-526.
- Joshi K.D., Sarker S. - Knowledge transfer within information systems development teams: examining the role of knowledge source attributes [in] Decision Support Systems, Vol. 43, No. 2, 2007, pp. 322-335.
- Kim K.K., Umanath N.S., Kim J.Y., Ahrens F., Kim B. - Knowledge complementarity and knowledge exchange in supply channel relationships [in] International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 32, No. 1, 2012, pp. 35-49.
- Ko D., Kirsch L., King W. - Antecedents of knowledge transfer from consultations to clients in enterprise system implementation [in] MIS Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 1, 2005, pp. 59-86.
- Lev M. - WEB 2.0 implications on knowledge management [in] Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2009, pp. 120-134.
- Li X., Roberts J., Yan Y., Tan H. - Knowledge sharing in China-UK higher education alliances [in] International Business Review, Vol. 23, No. 2, 2014, pp. 343-355.
- Marra M., Emrouznejad A., Hoc W., Edwards J.S. - The value of indirect ties in citation networks: SNA analysis with OWA operator weights [in] Information Sciences, Vol. 314, 2015, pp. 135-151.
- Maruta R. - The creation and management of organizational knowledge [in] Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol. 67, 2014, pp. 26-34.
- Nonaka I., Kodama M., Hirose A., Kohlbacher F. - Dynamic fractal organizations for promoting knowledge-based transformation - A new paradigm for organizational theory [in] European Management Journal, Vol. 32, No. 1, 2014, pp. 137-146.
- Nonaka I., von Krogh G. - Tacit knowledge and knowledge conversion: Controversy and advancement in organizational knowledge creation theory [in] Organization Science, Vol. 20, No. 3, 2009, pp. 635-652.
- Park Ch., Vertinsky I., Becerra M. - Transfers of tacit vs. explicit knowledge and performance in international joint ventures: The role of age [in] International Business Review, Vol. 24, No. 1, 2015, pp. 89-101.
- Patalas-Maliszewska J. - Knowledge Worker Management: Value Assessment, Methods, and Application Tools, Springer, Heidelberg Germany, 2013.
- Patalas-Maliszewska J., Krebs I. - A model of employee selection for SME based on innovation transfer [in:] Proceedings of International Conference on Business Information Systems (Abramowicz W., Tolksdorf R., Węcel K., ds), 2010, pp. 57-66, Springer Lecture Notes in Business Information Systems 57, Berlin.
- Polanyi M. - The tacit dimension, Routledge & Kegan Paul, London 1966.
- Santoro M.D., Saparito P.A. - Self-interest assumption and relational trust in university-industry knowledge transfer [in] IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol. 53, No. 3, 2006, pp. 335-347.
- Schiuma G. - Managerial foundations of knowledge assets dynamics [in] Knowledge Management Research and Practice, Vol. 7, No. 4, 2009, pp. 290-299.
- Williams C. - Transfer in context: Replication and adaptation in knowledge transfer relationships [in] Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 28, 2007, pp. 867-889.