Interactive Technologies in Teaching a Foreign Language at Higher Educational Establishment
Discrimination and racial injustice towards Blacks have existed among the groups of people since the very beginning of their gatherings as a communication and society. Throughout history, people of colored skin, especially Blacks, were not accepted in the Whites' communities due to the Whites' thought of supremacy over them. Regardless of their positive role and doing manual labor in keeping the wheels of the Whites' industry turning, Blacks were always treated as nonhuman and "clownish" creatures born to serve Whites. African Americans are the main groups of Blacks who suffer from discrimination and racial injustice because they are living among Whites, though segregated from the Whites' society. However, there are many white individuals who do not consider the skin color and treat Blacks as human beings and only humanity and good nature of the people matters to them. Nelle Harper Lee in her masterpiece, To Kill a Mockingbird, written in 1960, introduces three children (Scout, Jem, and Dill) and Atticus, who is Scout and Jem's father, as color-blind characters who fraternize with Blacks as humans without paying attention to their skin color. Therefore, using W. E. B. Du Bois' thoughts- regarding prejudice, discrimination, and racial injustice- in this article it has been tried to investigate Atticus' and three children's color blindness in the case of racism in To Kill a Mockingbird. (original abstract)
- Information on http: /www. president. gov. ua/UKRAINE Presidential Decree №641 / 2015 About Declaring 2016 Year of English in Ukraine.
- T.S. Panina, L.N. Vavilova, Modern methods of activization of training, Handbook for students, ed. by T.S. Panina, 4th ed., Moscow, (2008).
- R. Blair, Innovation approaches to language teaching, New York, Newbury House, (2010).
- S. Martinelli, M. Tailor, Intercultural Learning, Strasbourg, Council of Europe and European Commission, (2000).
- L. Konoplyanik, Interactive methods of teaching foreign languages in higher Education in: Materials of II International Scientific Conference Modern trends in teaching a second language at schools and institutions of higher education , Gorlovka, HDPIM, 2011. - p. pp.84-85.
- H. Stern, Fundamental Concepts of Language Teaching, Oxford, Oxford University Press, (1983).
- E.S. Polat, New pedagogical and information technology in education, Tutorial for students of pedagogical colleges, Moscow, Publishing center «Academy», (2000).
- O.I. Pometun, Current lesson. Interactive learning technologies, scientific method, Kyiv, Publishing A.S.K., (2004).
- Information on https: /www. mindtools. com/brainstm. html Brainstorming: Generating Many Radical, Creative Ideas.
- O.B. Tarnopolskiy, Successful presentations: textbook for teaching business presentations in English students of economic specialities, Kyiv, Lenvit, (2007).
- J. Richards and Th. S. Rodgers, Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching, Cambridge University Press, (2001).
- Information on http: /shodhganga. inflibnet. ac. in/bitstream/10603/4359/7/07_chapter 2. pdf.