Development of the Phonetic Skills in German as the Second Foreign Language on the Basis of the English Language
The problems of forming phonetic skills of the German language which is studied on the basis of the English language have been considered. The aim of this research is to make the comparative analysis of the phonetic aspects of the foreign languages that are taught one after another. There has been the attempt to analyze, generalize and systematize the material on the given topic which is presented in works in German, English, Ukrainian and Russian on the main theoretical questions connected with the process of teaching the second foreign language. It was shown that while forming phonetic skills in German, it is necessary to give the characteristics to the phonetic, rhythmic and intonation peculiarities of both German and English; to point out the difficulties of mastering the pronunciation system of German, to develop the introductory course and the material for phonetic warming-up and to work out the algorithm of introducing a new sound. (original abstract)
- A. Knapp-Potthoff, K. Knapp, Fremdsprachenlernen und lehren, Mainz, (1982).
- U.K. Yusupov, Comparative linguistics as in independent disciplines, Nauka, Moscow, (1988).
- N.I. Zhinkin, Mechanisms of speech, Moscow, USSR, (1958).
- M. Siguan, U.F. Makki, Education and bilinguism, Pedagogika, Moscow, USSR, (1990).
- L.S. Vygotskiy, On the problem of polylinguism, Pedagogika, Moscow, USSR, 1983, v. 3, pp.328-337.
- G.M. Vishnevskaya, Bilinguism and its aspects, Ivanovo, Russia, (1997).
- N.A. Lyubimova, Phonetic interference, LSU, Leningrad, USSR, (1985).
- W. Veinreih, Speech contacts: state and problems of research, Kiev, Ukraine, (1979).
- S.F. Shatilov, Methods of teaching German in the secondary school, Prosveshcheniye, Moscow, USSR, (1986).
- I. Bim, The concept of teaching the second foreign language (German on the basis of English), Tver, Russia, (2001).
- M. Guz, I. Sytnikova. Phonetics. Read and speak in German, St. Petersburg, Russia, (2005).
- H. Krumm, Sprachenpolitik und Mehrsprachigkeit, in: Hufeisen, B., Neuner, G. Mehrsprachigkeitskonzept - Tertiärsprachen - Deutsch nach Englisch. - Europäisches Fremdsprachenzentrum. - Strasbourg: Council of Europe Publishing, 2003, p.35.
- I. Alke, R. -M. Dallapiazza, E. von Jan, D. Maenner, Tangram. Deutsch als Fremdsprache, (2006).
- N. Kulchutska, Peculiarities of interference in the process of teaching English as the second language at the philological higher educational establishment, Berdyansk, Ukraine, 2010, pp.241-245.
- T. Chevanina, Prosodic peculiarities of reading and speaking in a multi-lingual environment (Russian, French and Russian threelinguism), Volgograd, Russia, (2008).
- R. Potapova, G. Lindner, Peculiarities of German pronunciation, Moscow, (1991).