Sports Diplomacy of Norway
Norway is perceived as a country with a clear international identity. The aim of the article is to investigate the sports diplomacy of Norway and to examine its influence on the international brand of this country. The author will define the term "sports diplomacy" and attempt to outline the strategy of Norway's public diplomacy; an analysis of the methods used in Norwegian sports diplomacy will follow. The main hypothesis of this paper is that sports diplomacy only plays a subsidiary role in Norwegian nation branding.(original abstract)
- Beijing 2008 Medal Table. BBC. 13 August 2012. Web. 03 June 2015, <http:// www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/historical-medals-beijing-2008/countries>.
- Countries in the world (ranked by 2014 population), "Worldometers", 2014. Web. 3 June 2015, <http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/population-by-country/>.
- Future Brand launches the Country Brand Index 2014-15, 2015. Web. 3 June 2015. <http://www.futurebrand.com/news/futurebrand-launches-the-country-brand-index-2014-15>.
- Medal table. BBC. 13 August 2012. Web. 3 June 2015, <http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/countries>.
- Niche diplomacy: a key for smaller states to become visible? The example of Norway and peacemaking diplomacy. 22 March 2012, Web. 15 June 2015, <https://publicandculturaldiplomacy1.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/niche-diplomacy-a-key-for-smaller-states-to-become-visible/>.
- Norway's image abroad - a shared responsibility. Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 9 January 2013. Web. 13 June 2015, <https://www.regjeringen.no/en/topics/foreign-affairs/public-diplomacy-and-international-cultural-cooperatio/norgesprofilering/image_abroad/id708753/>.
- Norway's International Image 'Strong and Stable' According to International Reputation Survey. 19 November 2014. Web. 3 June 2015, <http://www.norway.org/News_and_events/Embassy/Norways-International-Image-Strong-and-Stable-According-to-International-Reputation-Survey/