New Product Introduction Phase in Relation to Supply Chain Planning Processes
The article presents the role and importance of sharing information about new product implementation by sales, marketing and R&D departments with supply chain part of the organization. In the introduction has been showed conventional attitude to the new product development phase. Then has been presented modern collaborative approach which allows to include new products in short-term and long-term plans of the company. Next, a detailed, theoretical and practical characterization of planning processes has been made with products being taken into account which become the part of a finished goods portfolio. Then, basing on examples taken from FMCG company the long term results of not including new products in plans on time have been shown. To conclude, a short summary has been made. (original abstract)
- APICS (2015), APICS Dictionary, Apics, Chicago.
- APICS (2014), Basics of Supply Chain Management, Apics, Chicago.
- APICS (2015), Detailed Scheduling and Planning, Apics, Chicago.
- APICS (2015), Execution and Control of Operations, Apics, Chicago.
- APICS (2016), Master Planning of Resources, Apics, Chicago.
- APICS (2016), Strategic Management of Resources, Apics, Chicago.
- Arnold, T. (2004), Introduction to Materials Management, Pearson, New Jersey.
- Armstrong, G. and Kotler, P. (2017), Principles of Marketing, Pearson, New Jersey.
- Blackstone, J. (1989), Capacity Management, South-Western Publishing Co., Cincinnati.
- Bozarth, C. and Handfield, R. (2006), Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management, Pearson, New Jersey.
- Coyle, J., Bardi, E. and Langley, J. (2002), Zarządzanie logistyczne, PWE, Warszawa.
- Jacobs, R. and Berry, W. (2011), Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management, McGrwa-Hill Irwin, New York.
- Materials and reports of FMCG Company (2016).
- Ross, D. (2004), Distribution. Planning and Control, Kluwer, Massachusetts.
- Scott, C., Lundgdren, H. and Thomson, P. (2011), Guide to Supply Chain Management, Springer, Berlin.
- Simchi-Levi, D. and Kaminsky, P. (2000), Designing and Managing the Supply Chain, McGrwa-Hill Irwin, Boston.
- Slack, N. and Lewis, M. (2008), Operations Strategy, FT Prentice Hall, Pearson Education Limited, Edinburgh.
- Wallace, T. and Stahl, R. (2006), Sales and Operations Planning. The executive's guide, Wallace & Company, New York.
- Wallace, T. and Stahl, R. (2008), Sales and Operations Planning. How-To Handbook, Wallace & Company, New York.