Creative Marketing in Services
Increasing worldwide competition due to liberal economies and globalization, rapid and continous development in communication and information technologies have created a new type of consumer. Today, consumers are more demanding. They want to be more informed, more valuable, and taken into consideration. Even, they wish to play an active role in creating and marketing of products. All these have changed marketing concept and perception. Marketing and communication managers must plan and apply creative and contemporary marketing strategies and media to be able to reach new type of consumers and to be able to compete. This conceptual study is consisted of mainly two parts. In the first part; creativity concept, and characteristics of creativity in marketing are tried to explained. In the second part; the concept and importance of services marketing is mentioned and some examples are given from creative marketing practices in services. Such as; one of the most creative, destination marketing campaigns using the social web, "The Best Job in the World" campaing of Tourism Queensland. Starbucks, the world's most engaged brand online and a social media role model in service business
- Andrews, J. & Smith, D.C. (1996). In Search of the Marketing Imagination: Factors Affecting the Creativity of Marketing Programs for Mature Products. Journal of Marketing Research, XXXIII, 174-187.
- Berthon, P.R., Pitt, L.F., Plangger, K. & Shapiro, D. (2012). Marketing Meets Web 2.0, Social Media, and Creative Consumers: Implications For International Marketing Strategy. Business Horizons, 55, 261-271.
- Boone, L.E., Kurtz, D.E., Mackenzie, H.F. & Snow, K. (2010), Contemporary Marketing. 2nd Canadian Edition. Toronto: Nelson Education Inc.
- Borrett, M. & Barreto, R. (2011). Creativity in Marketing: An Acquired Skill. Brand Learning enclosed.
- Boz, M. & Unal, D. (2011). Successful Promotion Strategy in Destination Tourism Marketing Through Social Media; Queensland, Australia Case. Regional Science Conference with International Participation with the Theme Stable Local Development Challenges and Opportunities. 3-4 June 2011. Peja, Republic of Kosova.
- Burbiel, J. (2009). Creativity in research and development environments: A practical review. Int. Journal of Business Science and Applied Management, 4 (2).
- Coy, P. (2000, August 28). The 21st century corporation: The creative economy. Business Week, 77-82. Cited from Titus, P.A. (2007). Applied Creativity: The Creative Marketing Breakthrough Model. Journal of Marketing Education, 29 (3), December 2007, 262-272.
- Dragoon, J. (2010). What Is Creativity's Value--In Marketing, In Business? Retrieved 10/04/2010 from http://www.forbes.com/2010/10/04/ facebook-zuckerberg-twitter-wendy-kopp-creativity-advertising-cmo-network.html (10.02.2014).
- Greffe, X. (2006). Managing Creative Enterprises. Creative industries - Booklet No. 3. World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Grönroos, C. (1997). Keynote Paper: From Marketing Mix To Relationship Marketing - Towards a Paradigm Shift in Marketing. Management Decision, 35 (4), 322-339.
- Gummesson, E. (2007). Exit Services Marketing - Enter Service Marketing. The Journal of Customer Behaviour, 6 (2), 113-141.
- Hayes, A. (2009). Best Job in the World bursts onto the ATE stage. Retrieved from Tourism Queensland, http://www.tq.com.au/ tqcorp_06/fms/tq_corporate/international/Microsoft Word - ATE Daily 2009 - Best Job in the World media release.pdf (10.02.2012)
- Jaskari, M.M. (2013). The Challenge of Assessing Creative Problem Solving in Client-Based Marketing Development Projects A SOLO Taxonomy Approach. Journal of Marketing Education, 35 (3), 231-244.
- Kissane, D. (2015). Case Study: The Best Job in the World. 22.01.2015. Retrieved from http://www.doz.com/content/case-study-bestjob- world (21.3.2016).
- Kotler, P. (2002). Marketing Management. Millenium Edition. Custom Edition for University of Phoenix. ISBN 0-536-63099-2 BA 993095 (15.03.2014).
- Levitt, T. (1983). The Marketing Imagination (Excerpt). New York-London.
- LinkedIn.com. (2011). About Tourism Queensland. Retrieved from Linkedin.com: http://www.linkedin.com/company/tourismqueensland? trk=ppro_c (10.02.2012).
- Lovelock, C. & Gummesson, E. (2004). Whither Services Marketing?: In Search of a New Paradigm and Fresh Perspectives. Journal of Service Research, 7, 20.
- Nuttavuthisit, K. (2010). If You Can't Beat Them, Let Them Join: The Development Of Strategies To Foster Consumers' Co-Creative Practices. Business Horizons, 53, 315-324
- Perepu, I. (2013). Starbucks: Brewing Customer Experience through Social Media. IBS Center for Management Research, 513-001-1.
- PhoCusWright Inc. (2011). Effective Tourism Marketing In Today's Digital World; Tourism Queensland - A Compelling Case Study. Millennium Foundation, Retrieved from http://www.millenniumfoundation.org/mutualise/uploads/assets/the_phocuswrightconference_ program_ccb05095dc79a8082a70 1f89a78cf89047330c31.pdf (1.04.2012).
- Pitta, D.A., Wood, V.R. & Franzak, F.J. (2008). Nurturing an Effective Creative Culture within a Marketing Organization. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 25 (3), 137-148.
- Pointroll (2014). Real-Time Marketing, Dynamic Cr eative Optimization & the Empowered Marketer Understanding the Intersection of Data, Media and "Big" Creative.
- Reisman, F. (2013). Introduction To Creativity: Process, Product, Personality, Environment & Technology. Chapter 1. (Guest Editor) Reisman, F. Creativity: Process, Product, Personality, Environment & Technology. International Conference on Knowledge, Innovation & Enterprise, KIE Conference Books
- Schoultz, M. (2014). Starbucks Marketing Strategy: Making Social Media A Difference Maker. Retrieved from http://www. digitalsparkmarketing.com/creative-marketing/social-media/starbucks-marketing (2.05.2014).
- Sefertzi, E. (2000). Creativity. Report produced for the EC funded Project. January 2000.
- Seidel, S. & Rosemann, M. (2008). Creativity Management - The New Challenge for BPM. BPTrends, May 2008. Retrieved from http:// www.bptrends.com/publicationfiles/Three 05-08-ART-CreativityManagement-Seidel-and-Rosemann-final.pdf (4.01.2016).
- Smith, P.R. & Zook, Z. (2011). Marketing Communications. Integrating off line and online with Social Media. Kogan Page, Fith edition
- Titus, P.A. (2007). Applied Creativity: The Creative Marketing Breakthrough Model. Journal of Marketing Education, 29 (3), 262-272.
- voteforus.com (2014). Starbucks Marketing Strategy Unconventionally Effective. Retrieved from http://www.voteforus.com/ starbucksmarketingstrategy.html (20.3.2014).