Social Determinants of Economic Development Theories
This article proves a conceptuality of social vector of economic development as being the main priority of the national economic modernization and economic safety of state. Theories including social determinant of model of economic growth were determined, theories of economic balance for analysis of the underdeveloped countries development were revised as well as Neoclassical and Keynesian concepts that have similar social importance of theories of economic development. Theories of dualistic economics where the economic development is viewed as a process of overcoming dualism between traditional and modern economic sectors were discussed. The article proves that the main socially important obstacle to the rise of capitalism is an impossibility of poor countries to create capital. Also discussed was the necessity to build a three-sector model of economic development where redistribution of human capital between the two countries is possible. Four types of economic development models consistent with the main social dominant theories of economic thought were chosen, and they are as follows: Keynesian, Neoclassical, Institutional and New Endogenous models of growth. In fact, the main factor of economic development is the human capital and the accumulation of knowledge, and the priority factor of economic development is to improve the living standards and the possibility to satisfy needs of all members of society. (original abstract)
- Avtonomova V., Ananina O., Makasheva N. (ed.) (2002), History of economic knowledge: tutorial, М.: INFRA-М.
- Fei J., Ranis G. (1961), A Theory of Economic Development, "The American Economic Review", vol. 51, no. 4.
- Frolova I.Т (2001), Philosophical dictionary - 7th revised and enlarged edition, Republic.
- Golovko V. (2003), Modernization as meta-narrative of Ukrainian history, "Problems Ukrainian history: facts, judgments, searches", no. 9.
- Heiets V.M., Semynozhenka V.P., Kvasniuk B. Ye. (ed.) (2007), Strategic challenges of ХХІ century to society and economy of Ukraine: V 3, "Economic knowledge - modernization project of Ukraine".
- Khomenko Ya. V. (2001), The genesis of the theory of economic growth, "Scientific papers of Donetsk State Technical University", DonNU.
- Lubokhinets L.S., Babych L.M. (2009), Modern approaches of analysis of modifications of model of economic growth in the conditions of new economic development, "Herald of Khmelnytskyi national university. Economic Sciences", no. 4.
- Lubokhinets L.S. (2011), The problem of human capital accumulation in the economic and mathematical models of economic growth, "Herald of Donetsk national university. Ser. В : Economics and law. (Special Issue)".
- Mishyn Yu. R. (2008), Social justice and social partnership in terms of transformation of social and economic system, "Economical bulletin of National Mining University", no. 4.
- Nureyev R.М. (2004), Periphery of the world economy: the problem of catching up, "Economic Journal", Rostov State University, no. 4.
- Nureyev R.М. (2014), Development Economics: neoinstitutional approach of Hernando de Soto, "Journal of Institutional Studies", no. 4.
- Nureyev R.М. (2008), Development Economics: formation and modernization models of market economy: tutorial, 2008.
- Nurkse R. (1961), Problems of Capital Formation in Underdeveloped Countries, Oxford University Press, New York.
- Pasichnyk Т.О. (2009), The educational factor of economic safety of state [online], "Herald of University of Customs and Finance. Ser.: Economics", no. 2, http://nbuv.gov.ua/j-pdf/vamsue_2009_2_18.pdf.
- Schumpeter J. (1982), The Theory of Economic Development (An Inquiry Into Profits, Capital, Credit, Interest, and the Business Cycle), Progress.
- Shevchenko О.О. (2012), History of economics and economic thought: modern economic theories: Tutorial, Center of educational literature.
- Solow R.M. (1994), Perspectives on Growth Theory, "The Journal of Economic Perspectives", vol. 8, no. 1.
- Tebiev B.K. (2012), Economic growth and Education, "Economy Journal", no. 27.
- Yakymenko N.V. (2013), The social component of economic development, "Herald of economic of transport and industry", no. 43.
- Yaremenko О.L., Pankratova О.М., Yaremenko V.G. (et. al) (2008), Managing the development of business entities: monograph, NUA.