Innovative Approach for Tourism Enterprise in Albania
The purpose of this study is to examine the current challenges and barriers to the Albania tourism enterprises (such as; travel agencies, hotels and bar/restaurant) and attempts to reveal innovative approaches to cope with these recent challenges and barriers. Innovation is at the heart of any successful company so it is very worthy to discuss on the role that innovation plays in providing competitiveness. The data were collected from some tourism enterprises that operate in Albania, like travel agencies, hotels and bar/restaurant using a self completed questionnaire. The data gathered illustrate that the innovation in these enterprises is driven basically by the owner-manager ambition to improve the existing facilities and services to satisfy customers and develop a successful and reputable business. The research results can contributes to travel agencies, hotels and bar/ restaurants management both academically and practically.(author's abstract)
- Baumgartner, J. (2011). Open innovation for small companies, May, 2011. Available at: http://www.innovationtools.com/Articles/ EnterpriseDetails.asp?a=643.
- Breen, J., Bergin-Seers, S., Roberts, L., Frew, E. & Carlsen, J. (2006). Innovation and change management for small and medium tourism enterprises in the tourist park sector. Cooperative Research Centre for Sustainable Tourism, Gold Coast.
- Brooker, E. & Joppe, M. (2013). Developing a tourism innovation typology: Leveraging liminal insights. Journal of Travel Research. DOI: 0047287513497839.
- Cebon, P., Newton, P. & Noble, P. (1999). Innovation in firms: towards a framework for indicator development. Melbourne Business School, Working Paper.
- Creswell, J.W. (2013). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches. Sage publications.
- Feeny, S. & Rogers, M. (2003). Innovation and performance: Benchmarking Australian firms. Australian Economic Review, 36 (3), 253-264.
- Hjalager, A.M. (2002). Repairing innovation defectiveness in tourism. Tourism management, 23 (5), 465-474.
- Khandwalla, P.N. (1977). The design of organizations. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt P.
- KRSH (Kuvendi i Republikes se Shqiperise) (2007). Ligji Nr. 9734, date 14.5.2007 "Për Turizmin Dokumenta, Formulare, Klasifikime dhe Rregullore".
- KRSH (Kuvendi i Republikes se Shqiperise) (2015). Ligji Nr. 93/2015 "Për Turizmin", Neni 4.
- Kruja, D. & Gjyrezi, A. (2011). The special interest tourism development and the small regions. Turizam, 15 (2), 77-89.
- Kruja, D. & Hasaj, A. (2010). Comparisons of stakeholders' perception towards the sustainable tourism development and its impacts in Shkodra Region (Albania). Turizam, 14 (1), 1-14.
- Kruja, D., Lufi, M. & Kruja, I. (2012). The Role of Tourism in Developing Countries. The case of Albania. European Scientific Journal, 8 (19).
- Lewis, D.E. (2007). An investigation into the relationship between product innovation, trust, and diversity. ProQuest.
- McCosh, A., Smart, A., Barrar, P. & Lloyd, A. (1998). Proven methods for innovation management: an executive wish list. Creativity and Innovation Management, 7 (4), 175-192.
- Saunders, M.N. (2011). Research methods for business students, 5/e. Pearson Education India. Fifth edition.
- Schumpeter, J. (1928). The instability of capitalism. The Economic Journal, 38 (151), 361-386.
- Schumpeter, J.A. (1934). The theory of economic development: An inquiry into profits, capital, credit, interest, and the business cycle (Vol. 55). Transaction publishers.
- Schumpeter, J.A. (1939). Business cycles: a theoretical, historical, and statistical analysis of the capitalist process. McGraw-Hill.
- Schumpeter, J.A. (1947). The creative response in economic history. The Journal of Economic History, 7 (02), 149-159.
- Smith, H. (2005). What Innovation Is? CTO. European Office of Technology and Innovation.
- Weidenfeld, A. & Hall, C.M. (2014). Tourism in the development of regional and sectoral innovation systems. The Wiley Blackwell companion to tourism, 578-588.
- WTTC (2015). Albania, Travel and Tourism, Economic Impact.