Stakeholder Analysis as a Source of Early Warning Signals in Logistics Projects
Logistics projects are undertaken by a set of multiple organizations that engage resources from different logistics systems, production systems, management systems, social-cultural systems. They are subject to impact of wider economic and political environments. Logistics projects involve participants from diverse cultural environments, management practice. The article presents the essence and importance of stakeholders in projects including logistics projects. The author presents the basic issues related to stakeholders and early warning concept in project management. The specific research question is: How to implement the stakeholder relations management in early warning system dedicated to logistics project management? To answer our research question we utilize the early warning concept and stakeholders relation management. We develop an approach to early warning systems dedicated to logistics project management. The author discusses the tools and resources to support logistics project management from perspective of early warning concept based on stakeholders analysis in project life cycle. (original abstract)
- Aaltonen K., Sivonen R. (2009), Response strategies to stakeholder pressures in global projects, "International Journal of Project Management", 27, pp. 131-141.
- Ansoff I.H. Managing Strategic Surprise by Response to Weak Signals. California Management Review, Vol. XVII, No. 2, winter 1975, pp. 21-33.
- Artto K., Kujala J. (2008), Project business as a research field, "International Journal of Managing Projects in Business", Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 469-497.
- Genca E., Duffieb N., Reinharta G. (2014), Event-Based Supply Chain Early Warning System for an Adaptive Production Control, "Procedia CIRP", 19, pp. 39-44.
- Haji-kazemi S. (2015), The Early Warning Procedure in Projects. Foundations, Approaches and Challenges, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norwegian, Trondheim.
- Kerzner H.R. (2013), Project Management Metrics, KPIs, and Dashboards: A Guide to Measuring and Monitoring Project Performance, John Wiley & Sons, USA, New Jersey, Hoboken.
- Klakegg O.J., Andersen B., Williams T., Walker D., Magnussen O.M. (2010), Early Warning Signs in Complex Projects, Project Management Institute: Newtown Square, PA.
- Lova A., Maroto C., Tormos P. (2000), A multicriteria heuristic method to improve resource allocation in multiproject scheduling, "European Journal of Operational Research", 127, pp. 408-424.
- Marek-Kołodziej K., Łapuńka I., Pisz I. (2014), Managing Project Driven Orders Practices in Polish Construction Industry, "Universal Journal of Management", 2(6), pp. 218-226.
- Nikander I.O., Eloranta E. (2001), Project Management by Early Warnings, "International Journal of Project Management", Vol. 19, pp. 385-399.
- Perret F.-L., Jaffeux C., Fender M., Wieser P. (2007), Essentials of Logistics and Management. Collection Management and Technology, EPFL Press.
- Pisz I., Łapuńka I. (2016), Fuzzy-logic decision-making system dedicated to evaluation of logistics project effectiveness, "LogForum", 12 (3), pp. 193-233.
- Project Management Institute (PMI), 2010. A guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK® guide). Newtown Square, PA, USA.
- Silva M. (2015), A systematic review of foresight in project management literature, "Procedia Computer Science", 64, pp. 792-799.
- Turner J.R., Huemann M., Anbari F., Bredillet, C. (2010), Perspectives on Projects, Routledge, Milton Park.
- Wieland A., Wallenburg C.M. (2013), The influence of relational competencies on supply chain resilience: a relational view, "International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management", Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 300-320.
- Wieser P., Perret F.-L., Jaffeux C. (2012), Essentials of Logistics and Management. The Global Supply Chain, Collection Management and Technology, EPFL Press.
- Williams T., Klakegg O., Walker D.H., Andersen B., & Morten Magnussen O. (2012), Identifying and acting on early warning signs in complex projects, "Project Management Journal", 43(2), pp. 37-53.
- Witkowski J., Rodawski B. (2008), Logistic Project - Definition, Typology and Risk, Prace Naukowe Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego we Wrocławiu, nr 11, Zarządzanie projektami logistycznymi, pp. 87-96.