Current Issues in Family Business Management
Management takes an important place in the activity of enterprises, including the family ones. One of the important requirements for effective management of the family business is its good structure and focus on higher business goals. Some of these goals are maximizing profits improvement of the strategy, job creation, qualification of staff and care for the interests of all shareholders and partners. In this regard, the objective of this article is to clarify the problems in the management of family business. Analysis and conclusions on the issue are based on data from a survey of 186 family businesses located in the Southwest Planning Region in Bulgaria. Based on the analysis and evaluation of results the major problems and generalized conclusions are outlined.(author's abstract)
- Chausheva, V., Rafailova, G., Boyadjieva E. Marinova, E., Iankova, I., Lindner, J., Georgieva, K., Tarneva, T. & Voynova, H. (2008). Economics of the enterprise. Sofia: Dionysus (in Bulgarian).
- Duke, M., Armenia, L., Makraken, K., Terzieva, L. & Dakovska, M. (2013). Manual management and best practices in the field of family business. "Znanie" Sofia and the Maltese Association of Family Business (in Bulgarian).
- Gersick, K., Davis, J., Hampton, M. & Lansberg, I. (1997). Generation to generation. Life Cycles of the Family Business. Boston, Massachusetts: Harvard Business School Press.
- Johannison, B. (2000). Modernising the industrial district-rejuvenation or managerial colonization. In: M. Taylor, E. Vatne (eds.), The networked firm in a global world. Small firms in new environments. Aldershot.
- Livens, J. (2007). Management of family firms. Zahariy Stoyanov (in Bulgarian).
- Madgerova, R., Georgiev, G., Karashtranova, E., Kyurova, V., Terziyska, I., Stavrova, E. & Dimitrova, R. (2012). Organization and management of small businesses. Blagoevgrad: Langov (in Bulgarian).
- Madgerova, R. (2013). Economic and social dimensions of entrepreneurship. Blagoevgrad: University Publishing House "Neofit Rilski" (in Bulgarian).
- Madgerova, R. & Kyurova, V. (2012). Condition, characteristics and problems of family entrepreneurship. In: Entrepreneurship and Economics (pp. 20-32). Blagoevgrad: University Publishing House "Neofit Rilski" (in Bulgarian).
- Paleshutski, K. (1994). Management - experience of leading companies in the world. Blagoevgrad: Fortune (in Bulgarian).
- Picard, D. (2004). CFIB Research - Business Transition. Available at: http://www.cfib.ca/research/reports/succession_0405_e.pdf.
- Poza, E. & Daugherty, M. (2014). Family Business. South-Western, a part of Cengage Learning.
- Todorov, K. (2011). Part I. Fundamentals. Starting a new business. Sofia: BARMP (in Bulgarian).
- Yoradanova, D. (2014). Management and development of a family firm. Sofia: University Publishing House "St. Kliment Ohridski" (in Bulgarian).