Green Purchasing in Family Businesses : a Case Study of Suhab
Nowadays environmental dimension of business activity is often a key factor for achieving a sustained competitive advantage. Final customers as well as others stakeholders require balanced objectives related not only to the economic aspects but also social and environmental ones. In addition more restricted international legal regulations and on the other hand many potential measureable benefits influence on companies more eco -friendly attitude. This tendency is also reflected by family companies, which especially want to be innovative and open for all needs of modern and demanding market. In the article on the example of small company the Authors try to prove that being green is not only the matter of procedures or management standards, it is primarily a kind of philosophy which permeate organizational thinking and culture from the board room to the shop floor. (original abstract)
- Berrone P., Cruz C., Gomez-Mejia L., Larraza-Kintana M. (2010), Socioemotional wealth and corporate responses to institutional pressures: Do family-controlled firms pollute less?, "Administrative Science Quarterly", 55.
- Brickson S.L. (2005), Organizational identity orientation: Forging a link between organizational identity and organizations' relations with stakeholders, "Administrative Science Quarterly", 50.
- Brickson S.L. (2007), Organizational identity orientation: The genesis of the role of the firm and distinct forms of social value, "Academy of Management Review", 32.
- China T.A., Tatb H.H., Sulaiman Z. (2015), Green Supply Chain Management, Environmental Collaboration and Sustainability Performance, Procedia CIRP, Volume 26, 12th Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing - Emerging Potentials.
- Chittoor R., Das R. (2007), Professionalization of management and succession performance? A Vital Linkage, "Fam. Bus. Rev. ", 20.
- Chua, J.H., Chrisman, J.J., Sharma, P. (1999), Defining the family business by behavior. Entrep., "Theory Pract.", 23.
- Donnelley R.G. (1964), The family business, "Harv. Bus. Rev.", 42.
- Erridge A. (2001), Best Practice Procurement: Public and Private Sector Perspectives, Edited by Andrew Erridge, Ruth Fee and John McIlroy, Gower.
- European Commission (2009), Final report of the Expert Group. Overview of family-business-relevant issues: Research, networks, policy measures, and existing studies. Enterprise and Industry Directorate General. http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/sme/promoting-entrepreneurship/family-business/, access: 01.2017.
- Hammer B. (2009), Effects of Green Purchasing Strategies on Supplier Behaviour [in:] J. Sarkis (red.), Greening the Supply Chain, Springer-Verlag, London.
- Holloway M.D. (2011), Spend Analysis and Specification Development Using Failure Interpretation, CRC Press.
- Jeżak J., Popczyk W., Winnicka-Popczyk A. (2004), Przedsiębiorstwo rodzinne. Funkcjonowanie i rozwój, Wydawnictwo Difin, Warszawa.
- Joshi Y., Rahman Z., (2015), Factors Affecting Green Purchase Behaviour and Future Research Directions, "International Strategic Management Review", Vol 3, Issue 1-2.
- La Porta R., Lopez-de-Silanes F., Shleifer A. (1999), Corporate Ownership around the World, "The Journal of Finance", Vol. 54, No. 2, Published by: Blackwell Publishing for the American Finance Association.
- Marjański A. (2012), The specific character of family businesses, Family in business or business in family Methodology for the support of family businesses, PARP, Warszawa.
- McNall S.G., Hershauer J.C., Basile G. (2011), The Business of Sustainability: Trends, Policies, Practices, and Stories of Success, PRAEGER.
- Mebratu D. (2001), Environmental Competitiveness "Green" Purchasing, "International Trade Forum", Issue 2.
- Morck R.K., Steier L. (2005), The Global History of Corporate Governance An Introduction, http://www.nber.org/chapters/c10267, access: 01.2017.
- Poza E. (2010), Family Business, South-Western Cengage Learning.
- Srivastava S.K., (2007), Green supply-chain management: a state-of-the-art literature review, "International Journal of Management Reviews", 9 (1).
- Worthington I. (2013), Greening Business, Research, Theory, and Practice, Oxford University Press.
- Zachary R.K. (2011), The importance of the family system in family business, "J. Fam. Bus. Manag.", 1.
- http://ec.europa.eu/environment/gpp/index_en.htm, access: 01.2017.
- http://www.europeanfamilybusinesses.eu/uploads/Modules/Publications/family-business-statistics.pdf, access: 01.2017.
- http://ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/EY-Built-to-last-family-businesses-lead-the-way-to-sustainablowth/%24FILE/EY-Built-to-last-family-businesses-lead-the-way-to-sustainable-growth.pdf, access: 01.2017.
- http://www.geef.org/definition.php, access: 01.2017.
- https://jisc.go.jp/international/PC277/E_ISO_DIS_20400.pdf, access: 01.2017.
- http://suhab.com.mx, access: 01.2017.