Analysis of Water Losses and Failure Frequency in an Urban-Rural Water Supply System
This article presents the results of analysis of an urban-rural water supply system. The level of water losses and failure frequency of the water supply system were evaluated. Tests and analyses of the level of water losses were conducted for the years 2010-2016. Tests and analyses of failure frequency were conducted for the years 2013-2016. The guidelines of the International Water Association were applied in calculations. Analyses showed an influence of season on the failure frequency of the urban-rural water supply system. An influence of the number of failures on the volume of water lost in a single failure was also observed. Obtained results were compared with data from domestic literature and the guidelines of standard PN-EN 60300-3-4:2008. (original abstract)
- Bergel T. (2012), Failure frequency of small group water supply networks in Poland, "Gas, Water and Sanitary Technology" No. 12, p. 536-538.
- Bergel T., Pawełek J. (2008), Failure frequency of rural water supply network, "Instal" No. 10, p. 92-94.
- Bergel T., Kaczor G., Bugajski P. (2013), Technical condition of water supply networks in small water lines of the małopolskie and podkarpackie voivodeships, infrastructure and ecology of rural areas, "Polish Academy of Sciences" No. 3/IV/2013, p. 291-30.
- Dohnalik. P. (2000), Water losses in urban water supply networks, "Polish Foundation for Water Resources Protection".
- Farley M. et al. (2008), The Manager's Non - Revenue Water Handbook. A Guide to Understanding Water Losses, USAID.
- Hotloś H. (2003), Analysis of water losses in water supply systems, "Environmental Protection" Vol. 25 No. 1, p. 17-24.
- Lambert A. et al. (1999), A review of performance indicators for real losses from water supply systems, "AQUA" Vol. 48 No. 6.
- Lambert A. (2012), Technical 'metric' comparisons of real losses using the ILI, ILMSS Ltd. Water Loss Research & Analysis Ltd., Non-Revenue Water Conference, Malta.
- Lambert A. et al. (2018), 14 Years Experience of using IWA Best Practice Water Balance and Water Loss Performance Indicators in Europe, www.mcast.edu.mt [13-01-2018].
- Kwietniewski M. (2013), Application of water loss indices for evaluation of the effectiveness of distribution in water supply systems, "Enviromental Protection" Vol. 35, No. 4, p. 9-15.
- Kwietniewski M., Rak J. (2010), Reliability of water supply and wastewater infrastructure in Poland, "Civil Engineering Committee", Institute of Fundamental Technological Research, Warsaw.
- Ociepa E., Kędzia W. (2015), Analysis of water losses in selected water supply pipes in Śląskie voivodeship, "Environmental Protection and Engineering" Vol.18, No. 3, p. 277-288.
- PN-EN 60300-3-4 (2008), Reliability management. Part 3-4. Applications guidebook. Guidebook on specification of reliability requirements.
- Thornton J., Sturm R., Kunkel G. (2008), Water Loss Control, New York