Marketing Mix of Financial Services from the Customers Perspective
The aim of this paper is to show tactical marketing in the 5C concept, services perception and consumer behaviour in the financial products market. Primary marketing research was based on the number of 412 respondents. The consumers were questioned about their behaviour within the topic of customer value, costs to the customer, convenience, communication and customer approach. When deciding about the selection of financial institutions and financial products as fundamental criteria are said to be costs to the customer - pricing policy, convenience - physical availability of branches and their physical evidence. Further research outputs indicate that customers tend rather to savings products and life insurances than to credit products. The costs incurred for the purchase of financial products are perceived as adequate. Direct distribution channels still play and will play important role in financial services. It seems effective to use BTL communication than massive advertising. Demands on financial institutions front-office employees have increased when regarding a quick solution of customers´ demands and acceptable soft skills. Keywords: marketing, "5C" marketing mix, financial services, primary marketing research. (original abstract)
- Beerli, A., Martín, J. D., Quintana, A. (2004), A model of customer loyalty in the retail banking market, European Journal of Marketing, 38(1/2): 253-275.
- Bena, I. (2010), Evaluating customer satisfaction in banking services, Management and Marketing, 5(2): 143-150.
- Blattberg, R.C., Malthouse, E.C., Neslin, S.A. (2009), Customer lifetime value: Empirical generalizations and some conceptual questions, Journal of Interactive Marketing, 23(2): 157-168.
- Chen, P.L., Chang, H.S. (2005), Price brand cues and banking customer value, The International Journal of Bank Marketing, 23(2/3): 273-286.
- Clemes, M.D., Gan, C., Zhang, D. (2010), Customer switching behaviour in the Chinese retail banking industry, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 28(7): 519-546.
- Ernst and Young, (2010), Understanding consumer behaviour in retail banking - the impact of the credit crisis across Europe, available at: http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/ Understanding_customer_behavior_in_retail_bababan_-_February_2010/$FILE/EY_ Understanding_customer_behavior_in_retail_banking_-_February_2010.pdf (accessed17 February 2017).
- Fill, CH. (2011), Essentials of marketing communications, Harlow: Prentice Hall.
- Fornell, C. (1992), A national customer satisfaction barometer. The Swedish experience, Journal of Marketing, 55(1): 1-21.
- Foscht, T., Schloffer, J., Maloles, C., Chia, S.L. (2009), Assessing the outcomes of generation-y customers' loyalty, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 27(3): 218-241.
- Geçti, F., Gümüş, N. (2013), Examining the attitudes towards mobile advertising messages: A field research on Turkish consumers, China-USA Business Review, 12(2): 204-2010.
- Gilaninia, S., Taleghani, M., Azizi, N. (2013), Marketing mix and consumer behavior, Kuwait Chapter of Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review, 2(12): 53-58.
- Jamal, A., Nasser, K. (2002), Customer Satisfaction and retail banking: an assessment of some of the key antecedents of customer satisfaction in retail banking, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 20(4): 146-160.
- Kotler, P. (1976), Marketing management, New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., Saunders, J., Wong, V. (1999), Principles of marketing, 2nd European Edition, London: Prentice Hall.
- Kotler, P., Armstrong, G. (1989), Principles of marketing, 4th ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Kotler, P., Armstrong, G. (2012), Principles of marketing, 14th ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Krueger, C.C., Lu, N., Swatman, P.M.C. (2003), Success factors for online music Marketing - eTransformation: From the four P's to the four C's1, The Proceedings of CollECTeR Latin America, Santiago, Chile.
- Lassignardie, J. (2012), Strategies for success, EFMA Journal, 233: 15-18.
- Lauterborn, B. (1990), New marketing litany: Four Ps passe: C- words take over, Advertising Age, 61(41): 26.
- Lees, G., Garland, R., Wright, M. (2007), Switching banks: old bank gone but not forgotten, Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 12(2): 146-156.
- Leverin, A., Liljander, V. (2006), Does relationship marketing improve customer relationship satisfaction and loyalty? International Journal of Bank Marketing, 24(4): 232-251.
- Levesque, T., McDougall, G.H.G. (1996), Determinants of customer satisfaction in retail banking, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 14(7): 12-20.
- Lopez, J.P. M., Polo, R.Y., Olivan, F.J.S. (2006), The impact of customer relationship characteristics on customer switching behavior differences between switchers and Stayers, Managing Service Quality, 16(6): 556-574.
- Low, S. (2012), Room for improvement, EFMA Journal, 233: 58-61.
- Lymperopoulos, C., Chaniotakis, I.E., Soureli, M. (2013), The role of price satisfaction in managing customer relationships: the case of financial service, Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 31(3): 216-228.
- Mansouri, H., Mehrani, H., Nargesian, A., Gholi, T.H., Bekr, S. (2015), Designing marketing mix strategy (4C&A) by using strategic reference points: A case study in PSP industrial, International Journal of Humanities and Cultural Studies, Special Issue, December: 144-162.
- McCarthy, E.J. (1964), Basic marketing, Homewood: Richard D. Irwin.
- Mertayak, S. (2012), A new approach, EFMA Journal, 230: 69-70.
- Mohammad, H.I. (2015), 7ps marketing mix and retail bank customer satisfaction in northeast Nigeria, British Journal of Marketing Studies, 3(3): 71-88.
- Mylonakis, J. (2009), Bank satisfaction factors and loyalty: a survey of the Greek bank customer, Innovative Marketing, 5(1): 16-25.
- Nezakati, H., Abu, M.L., Toh, C. (2011), Exploring hierarchy situation of 4A marketing mix on Malyasia's fast food restaurant, World Applied Sciences Journal, 15(8): 1157-1167.
- Paul, T. (2014), Customer communication dimension of marketing mix- a review of gap between mutual fund investors' expectation and experience, Scholars Journal of Economics, Business and Management, 1(5): 197-202.
- Paul, T. (2014), Customer experience driven expectations - a cognitive process, Indian Journal of Applied Research, 4(4): 304-305.
- Pirrie, A., Muddie, P. (2006), Services marketing management, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Rafiq, M., Ahmed, P.K. (1995), Using the 7Ps as a generic marketing mix: An exploratory survey of UK and European marketing academics, Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 13(9): 4-15.
- Rotschedl, J. (2010), Modely marketingových mixů, available at: http://www.rotschedl.com/news/model y-marketingov ychmixu1/ (accessed 10 May 2017).
- Singh, M. (2012), Marketing mix of 4P'S for competitive advantage, Journal of Business and Management, 3(6): 40-45.
- Varki, S., Colgate, M. (2001), The role of price perceptions in an integrated model of behavioral intentions, Journal of Service Research, 3(2): 232-40.