Measuring tourist satisfaction with destination attributes
This study aims to contribute to the knowledge of value creation process in the tourism market by examining the impact of tourism product attributes on tourist satisfaction and tourist behavioural intentions. The research was conducted with 463 tourists visiting Poland. The research results show that several tour attributes and experience attributes influence tourist satisfaction and their willingness to recommend the country to others; however, drivers of satisfaction and recommendations, although often similar, were not always the same. Tour package features such as organization, attractiveness of the programme, and tour escort have a positive impact on both tourist satisfaction and recommendations. Moreover, some experience factors including tourist attractions - culture and monuments, and safety also have a positive impact on both tourist satisfaction and recommendations. Several managerial implications are outlined on the basis of the research results. (original abstract)
- . Ahmed, Z. U., 1991. The influence of the components of a state's tourist image on product positioning strategy. "Tourism Management", 12 (4), pp. 331-340.
- Bernini, C., & Cagnone, S., 2014. Analysing tourist satisfaction at a mature and multi-product destination. "Current Issues in Tourism", 17 (1), pp. 1-20.
- Chan, A., Hsu, C. H., & Baum, T., 2015. The impact of tour service performance on tourist satisfaction and behavioral intentions: A study of Chinese tourists in Hong Kong. "Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing", 32 (1-2), pp. 18-33.
- Chen, C. F., & Tsai, D., 2007. How destination image and evaluative factors affect behavioral intentions? "Tourism Managemen"t, 28 (4), pp. 1115-1122.
- Chen, C. F., & Chen, F. S., 2010. Experience quality, perceived value, satisfaction and behavioral intentions for heritage tourists. "Tourism Management", 31 (1), pp. 29-35.
- Chon, K. S., 1992. The role of destination image in tourism: An extension. "The Tourist Review", 47 (1), pp. 2-8.
- Churchill G. A. Jr., & Surprenant, C., 1982. An investigation into the determinants of customer satisfaction. "Journal of Marketing Research", 19, pp. 491-504.
- Cronin J. J. Jr., & Taylor, S. A., 1992. Measuring service quality: a reexamination and extension. "The Journal of Marketing", pp. 55-68.
- del Bosque, I. R., & San Martin, H., 2008. Tourist satisfaction a cognitive-affective model. "Annals of Tourism Research", 35 (2), pp. 551-573.
- Dwyer, L., & Kim, C., 2003. Destination competitiveness: determinants and indicators. "Current Issues in Tourism", 6 (5), pp. 369-414.
- Gronroos, C., 1990. Relationship approach to marketing in service contexts: The marketing and organizational behavior interface. "Journal of Business Research", 20 (1), pp. 3-11.
- Hassan, S. S., 2000. Determinants of market competitiveness in an environmentally sustainable tourism industry. "Journal of Travel Research", 38 (3), pp. 239-245.
- Hosany, S., & Witham, M., 2010. Dimensions of cruisers' experiences, satisfaction, and intention to recommend. "Journal of Travel Research", 49 (3), pp. 351-364.
- Johann, M., 2014. The image of Poland as a tourist destination. "European Journal of Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation", 5, pp. 143-161.
- Kozak, M., & Rimmington, M., 1999. Measuring tourist destination competitiveness: conceptual considerations and empirical findings." International Journal of Hospitality Management", (3), pp. 273-283.
- Kozak, M., & Rimmington, M., 2000. Tourist satisfaction with Mallorca, Spain, as an off-season holiday destination. "Journal of Travel Research", 38 (3), pp. 260-269.
- Mehmetoglu, M., & Normann, O., 2013. What influences tourists' overall holiday experience? Tourism company products versus destination products. "European Journal of Tourism Research", 6 (2), p. 183.
- Oliver, R. L., 1977. Effect of expectation and disconfirmation on postexposure product evaluations: An alternative interpretation. "Journal of Applied Psychology", 62 (4), p. 480.
- Oliver, R. L., 1980. A cognitive model of the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction decisions. "Journal of Marketing Research", 17 (11), pp. 460-469.
- Pandža Bajs, I., 2015. Tourist perceived value, relationship to satisfaction, and behavioral intentions: The example of the Croatian tourist destination Dubrovnik. "Journal of Travel Research", 54 (1), pp. 122-134.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. L., 1985. A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research. "Journal of Marketing", 49 (3), pp. 41-50.
- Ritchie, J. B., & Crouch, G. I., 2003. The competitive destination: A sustainable tourism perspective. Cambridge, MA: CABI Publishing.
- Stevens, B. F., 1992. Price value perceptions of travelers." Journal of Travel Research", 31 (2), pp. 44-48.
- Tse, D. K., & Wilton, P. C., 1988. Models of consumer satisfaction formation: An extension. Journal of Marketing Research, 25 (2), pp. 204-212.
- World Travel & Tourism Council, http://wttc.org, [accessed: 10.03.2018].
- Vavra, T. G., 1997. Improving your measurement of customer satisfaction: A guide to creating, conducting, analyzing, and reporting customer satisfaction measurement programs. ASQ Quality Press, Milwaukee.
- Yi, Y., 1990. A critical review of consumer satisfaction." Review of Marketing", 4 (1), pp. 68-123.