Research on Strategies of Sport Event Sponsorship
The purpose of this article is to analyse and understand sports sponsorship based on a study of corporate sponsorship and its strategies. The paper adopts the survey method to present the power of sports sponsorship, examine enterprise-sponsored sports and the purpose of sponsorship. This research will rely on the literature and case-study data drawn from specific instances of sports sponsorship. Methodology - This research study takes advantage of the survey method, questionnaires, SPSS software, comparative analysis, literature review, contrastive analysis, descriptive statistics, comparison, inference and conclusion. Findings - Attempt to find a relation between television broadcast, corporate logo, and the correlation of cumulative audience, the level of competition, athletes; determine the significance of individual factors; determine the degree of correlation between the impact of a sports event on the image of the sponsor. (original abstract)
- Cliffea S. J., Motion J. (2005), Building contemporary brands: a sponsorship-based strategy, Journal of Business Research,Volume 58, Issue 8, pp.1068-1077.
- Gwinner, K.P. and Eaton, J.(1999), Building brand image through event sponsorship: the role of image transfer, Journal of Advertising, Vol. 28 No. 4, Winter, pp. 47-57.
- Harvey B., Gray S., Despain, G.(2006), Measuring the Effectiveness of True Sponsorship, Journal of Advertising Research, 46 (4), pp. 398-409.
- https://www.orlen.pl/PL/Odpowiedzialny_Biznes/Sponsoring-i-odpowiedzialnosc-spoleczna/ Sponsoring/Strony/default.aspx (22.08.2018)
- Irwin L., Sutton W., McCarthy L .( 2008 ), Sport Promotion and Sales Management, 2nd Edition, pp. 56-98.
- Jalleh G., Donovan R., Giles-Corti B., Holman D.(2002), Sponsorship: impact on brand awareness and brand attitudes, Social Marketing Quarterly, Vol. VIII, pp.35-45.
- Jedel J., Burchard M. (2018), The desired directions of the development of marketing strategies adopted by the Ekstraklasa clubs on the basis of a comparative analysis of the revenue structure of the leading Ekstraklasa and Premier League clubs in 2016 and 2017 (using the analysis of annual reports and financial statements as well as the Norton and Kaplan model), Baltic Journal of Health and Physical Activity, The Journal of Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, vol. 10, no 3, pp. 36-47.
- Kim, Y.K., Ko, Y.J. i James, J. (2011), The Impact of Relationship Quality on Attitude toward a Sponsor. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 26 (8), pp.566-576.
- Kończak J.(2018), Niewykorzystany komunikacyjnie przez polski biznes potencjał Zimowych Igrzysk Olimpijskich w Pjongczang. Raport z badań, Studia Medioznawcze 3 (74).
- McDonald, C. (1991). Sponsorship and the image of the sponsor, European Journal of Marketing, 25(11), pp. 31 -38.
- Meaghan T., (2001), Understanding sponsorship effects, Psychology Marketing, 18(2), pp. 95-122.
- Meenaghan, J. A. (1984), Commercial Sponsorship, Bradford, MCB University Press, pp.87- 99.
- Olkkonen, R., Tikkanen, H., & Alajoutsijavi, K. (2000), Sponsorship as relationships and networks: implications for research. Corporate Communications, An International Journal, 5(1), pp.12-18.
- Olson, E. L. (2010), Does sponsorship work in the same way in different sponsorship contexts?, European Journal of Marketing, 44(1/2), 180 - 199.
- Olson, E.L., Thjomoe, H.M. (2009), Sponsorship Effect Metric: Assessing the Financial Value of Sponsoring by Comparisons to Television Advertising, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 37, 504-515.
- Pope, N.K., Voges, K.E. (2000), The Impact of Sport Sponsorship Activities, Corporate Image, and Prior Use on Consumer Purchase Intention, Sport Marketing Quarterly, 9 (2), 96-102.
- Sleight, S. (1989), Sponsorship: What is it and how to use it, London: McGraw Hill, pp.45- 62.
- Stotlar D.K. (1999), Sponsorship in North America: A Survey of Sport Executives, International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, Vol. 1 Issue: 1, pp.68-82.
- Walraven, M. (2013), Sports Sponsorship Effectiveness. Investigating Awareness, Sponsor Equity and Efficiency. http://www.rug.nl/research/portal/files/14423820/Dissertation_Sports_sponsorshi_1.pdf