Prospects for the implementation of real estate development in ukrainę based on energy efficiency principles and the problems with raising the finance required
The main goal of the study is to analyse the residential real estate market in Ukraine from the point of view of the need and the possibility of increasing its energy efficiency. Also, it aims to justify effective financial and credit mechanisms for ensuring measures to improve the thermal protection properties of residential and nonresidential real estate, in particular by introducing energy efficiency development projects. With this research we investigated Ukraine's housing stock and utility tariffs and concluded that a beneficial strategy to be applied in Ukraine is the energy-efficient retrofit of real estate. This is one of the most effective ways to re-profile unclaimed real estate units in the existing state or to reconstruct inefficiently used buildings. Also, we reviewed selected methods of energy efficient residential real estate development and mechanisms of financing energyefficient renovation of real estate used in the EU. And, in our view, the next step of the Ukraine in the direction of improving the energy efficiency of housing should be the effective operation of a dedicated/specific energy efficiency fund to ensure stable financing of housing modernization projects, which will allow for a comprehensive renovation of buildings and lead to significant annual energy savings in this end-use sector.(original abstract)
- The Ministry for Regional Development, Building and Housing of Ukraine, official website, http://www.minregion.gov.ua.
- V. Barannik, Energy efficiency in the state as an indicator of competitiveness. Interstate comparison, Economic bulletin of NTUU "KPI" (2010), http://economy.kpi.ua/files/files/3_kpi_2010_7.pdf.
- S. F. Yermilov, V. M. Heiets, Yu. P. Yashchenko, Energy Efficiency as a Resource of Innovative Development: National Report on the Status and Perspectives of Implementing the State Energy Efficiency Policy in 2008, NAER, Kyiv, 2009.
- R. B. Peiser, A. B. Frej, Professional Real Estate Development: The ULI Guide to the Business Second Edition, ULI-the Urban Land Institute, Washington, D.C., 2003.
- M. Dyba, Ye.A. Polishchuk, Developerski kompanii na investytsi-inomu rynku Ukrainy, KNEU, Kiyiv, 2011.
- T. Zavora, Energy efficiency of housing in the context of ensuring the energy security of the state, Economic aspects of energy conservation: problems and ways of their solution: collective monograph, V. Chevganova (Eds.), PoltNTU, Poltava, 2015, pp. 145 - 151.
- L. Svistun, Prospects for the development of ESCO financing of energy efficiency projects in Ukraine, Problems of Formation and Development of Innovative Infrastructure: European Vector - New Challenges and Opportunities, Abstracts at the III International Scientific and Practical Conference, Lviv Polytechnic, Lviv, 2015, pp. 302-303.
- L. Svystun, Y. Khudolii, T. Zavora, Directions of energy efficiency in the construction sector in view of the foreign experience, Energy efficiency of the economy: problems of today and tomorrow: International scientific-practical conference, PoltNTU, Poltava, 12 - 13 October 2016, pp. 66 - 71.
- Y. Khudolii, T. Zavora, L. Svistun, Preconditions for the introduction of thermo-modernization measures of the housing fund in Ukraine, Abstracts at the 15th International Scientific Conference Information Technologies and Management 2017, Riga, Latvia, 27 - 28 April, 2017, pp. 138 - 139.
- T. Zavora, L. Svystun Y. Khudolii, Conceptual bases of formation of a housing policy based on energy efficiency and energy conservation, Energy efficiency of the economy: problems of the present and future: collective monograph, PoltNTU, Poltava, 2017. pp. 46 - 62.
- Thermo modernization of housing stock: organizational, legal, social, financial and technical aspects: practical issue, third ed., V. Bryhilevych (Eds.), Lviv, 2016, http://www.cdms.org.ua/Files/TermModH.pdf.
- In Ukraine, about 90% of high-rise buildings require thermo modernisation (2016), http://www.nova.poltava.ua/v-ukraini-blizko-90-bagatopoverxivok-potrebuyut-termomodernizacii/.
- Residential fund of Ukraine, http://ukrstat.org/uk/operativ/menu/menu_u/if.htm.
- Development of the construction industry 2010-2016, Ukrainian Center of Steel Construction (2016).
- The purchasing power of the Ukrainian is falling more and more, http://publicaudit.com.ua/news/kupivelna-spromozhnist-ukrayintsiv-vse-bilshe-padaye.
- Changes in tariffs for heat energy for households, National energy and utilities regulatory commission, official website, http://www.nerc.gov.ua/data/filearch/teplo/dynamika_taryfy/naselennia/Dynam_taryfy_teplo_naselennia.pdf
- State building codes of Ukraine V.2.6.-31: 2006 "Building. Structures for buildings and constructions. Thermal insulation of buildings", http://dbn.at.ua/load/normativy/dbn/1-1-0-13.
- A Common Definition for Zero Energy Buildings" (2015), US Department of Energy, https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2015/09/f26/A%20Common%20Definition%20for%20Zero%20Energy %20Buildings.pdf.
- Energy Efficiency Standards in Europe and Germany, ESCO. Energy service, Volume 8, 2013, http://www.journal.esco.co.ua/esco/2013_8/art32.html.
- Passive house for the price of a two-bedroom apartment (2017), http://akvilonpro.ua/ru/docs/passive- house/Pasivniy-dom-po-tsene-trehkomnatnoy-kvartity.html.
- N.O. Kondratenko, I.S. Balandina, Aspects of the problem of rationing energy consumption in housing construction, Municipal economy of cities, Volume 87, 2009, pp. 70-76.
- About the Concept of State Housing Policy: Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Resolution Ne 254/95-BP from 30.06.1995, Information from the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Volume 7, 1995, pp. 200.
- Draft Law of Ukraine "On the energy efficiency of residential and public buildings", http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=53059.
- N. V. Mytsa, Essence and problems of energy saving in Ukraine, Sustainable development of economy, Volume 4, 2011, pp. 40-47.
- V. Onishchenko, T. Zavora, Organizational and economic aspects of modern housing policy: a regional dimension, Poltava, PoltNTU, 2011.
- L. Svistun, Y. Dovgal, Mortgage lending in Ukraine: current problems and development factors, PoltNTU, Poltava, 2014.
- Energieeffizient Sanieren - Kredit, https://www.kfw.de/inlandsfoerderung/Privatpersonen/ Bestandsimmobilien/Finanzierungsangebote/Energieeffizient-Sanieren-Kredit-(151-152).
- "Revolving Fund" Merriam-Webster.com. (2018), https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/revolving fund.
- Nearly zero-energy buildings, European Commission, https://ec.europa.eu/energy/en/topics/energy- efficiency/buildings/nearly-zero-energy-buildings.
- EPBD Directive 2010/31/EU on the energy performance of buildings, http://www.rehva.eu/en/epbd.
- New energy strategy of Ukraine until 2020: security, energy efficiency, competition, http://old.razumkov.org.ua/upload/Draft%20Strategy_00%20(7).pdf.
- State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Conservation of Ukraine, http://saee.gov.ua/uk/content/energoservis_1.
- Real Estate Financing. (2015). Wealth Opportunities in Commercial Real Estate, pp. 119-155, DOI: 10.1002/9781119202790.ch5.
- Latest developments of the ESCO industry across Europe (2017), https://www.eceee.org/library/conference_proceedings/eceee_Summer_Studies/2017/.
- Household energy consumption for space heating per m2 (2015), https://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and- maps/daviz/unit-consumption-of-space-heating