The Polish Electric Bus Market Against a Background of the World Market
In the majority of the developed and in some of the developing countries we can observe gradual shift from the conventional public urban transport vehicles driven by diesel fuel towards electric vehicles. The process requires changes in the demand and supply side of urban transport market in particular countries around the world. The aim of this paper is to assess the standing of electric bus market in Poland against a background of the European and world market. The assessment involved presenting, in the first part of the article, characteristics of the worldwide and European markets from the demand and supply side. As for the world market of electric buses, the article discusses at great length the characteristics of Chinese market since this is the dominant market as regards both the number of vehicle in operation and the number of manufactured electric buses. The second part of the article provides the characteristics of demand and supply side of electric bus market in Poland presenting both domestic and European electric bus manufacturers who situated their production plants in Poland. The article also presents forecasts related to the scale of demand increase reported by the Polish local authorities. (original abstract)
- Ayre, J. (2017). China 100% Electric Bus Sales Grew To ~ 115,700 In 2016 | CleanTechnica. Available from https://cleantechnica.com/2017/02/03/china-100-electric-bus-sales-grew-115700-2016/ [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Bullard, M. (2017), China Goes All In on the Transit Revolution. Available from https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-08/china-goes-all-in-on-the-transit-revolution [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Bullard, M. (2017). China Goes All In on the Transit Revolution. Available from https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-08/china-goes-all-in-on-the-transit-revolution [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Chinabuses.org. (2018). CRRC New Energy Bus Sales Grew 47.95% in 2017-news-. Available from http://www.chinabuses.org/news/2018/0122/article_11426.html [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Dixon, T. (2018), China 100% Electric Bus Sales Drop To ~ 89,546. Available from https://evobsession.com/china-100-electric-bus-sales-drop-to-89546-in-2017/ [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Dodgson, L. (2016), Buses and batteries: a rising sector - Power Technology. Available from https://www.power-technology.com/features/featurebuses-and-batteries-a-rising-sector-4904956/ [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Hanley, S. (2018),Shenzhen Completes Switch To Fully Electric Bus Fleet. Electric Taxis Are Next. Available from https://cleantechnica.com/2018/01/01/shenzhen-completes-switch-fully-electric-bus-fleet-electric-taxis-next/ [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Infobus.pl. (2016). Polski rynek nowych autobusów w 2015 r. Available from http://www.infobus.pl/polski-rynek-nowych-autobusow-w-2015-r-_more_80918.html [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Infobus.pl. (2018), Polski rynek nowych autobusów - 2017 rok. Available from http://infobus.pl/polski-rynek-nowych-autobusow-2017-rok-_more_102133.html [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Mitchell, A. (2018), Proterra electric buses experience surge of interest as cities invest in clean transit. Available from https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/money/2018/02/17/proterra-electric-buses-experience-surge-interest-cities-invest-clean-transit/1025854001/ [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Mpit.gov.pl. (2018), Program E-bus: Polski Autobus Elektryczny - Ministerstwo Przedsiębiorczości i Technologii. Available from https://www.mpit.gov.pl/strony/strategia-na-rzecz-odpowiedzialnego-rozwoju/kluczowe-projekty/program-e-bus-polski-autobus-elektryczny/ [Accessed 22 February2018].
- Muoio, D. (2018), A tiny startup is quietly trying to become the Tesla of buses. Available from http://www.businessinsider.com/proterra-electric-bus-maker-expands-raises-140-million-2017-2?IR=T [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Rozkrut, D. (Ed.) (2017), Rocznik Statystyczny Przemysłu 2017, Zakład Wydawnictw Statystycznych, Warszawa.
- The Agility Effect (2018), All-electric buses set to conquer the world. Available from https://www.theagilityeffect.com/en/article/electric-buses-set-conquer-world/ [Accessed 22 Feruary 2018].
- Volvogroup.com. (2017). Volvo Buses receives order for 90 electric buses from Belgium. Available from http://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/news/2017/feb/news-2451717.html. [Accessed 22 February 2018].
- Ximin, H. (2017), All Shenzhen public buses now electric Mp.weixin.qq.com. Available from https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzIyMzMzNjE3NA==&mid=2247489746&idx-=1&sn=a8bb0210f150a93d80718a202018d42f&chksm=e81e9b53df6912452e156066766e-8b8eaf8fc9107033b46df16eed95b538609ac0b8dee55feb&mpshare=1&scene=1&srcid=1228DNpV2EJVJ81zBrr0yjzT