Evaluation of the Quality of Titanium Oxide and Copper Oxide Layers by Means of Optical Microscopy
The aim of this paper is to analyse high-resolution optical images of the surface layers of titanium oxide and copper oxide. The materials were produced using the PREVAC Modular Platform for layer deposition located at the University of Rzeszow. Images with a magnification of 50x were obtained using an optical microscope. On the basis of the results obtained, the quality of the layers was evaluated based on the image analysis. The quantitative method of analysis was applied, as a result of which the conditions of the manufacturing process for which the obtained layers had the highest homogeneity were indicated. The minimum range of grey shade counting was from 65 to 150 and the maximum range from 135 to 220. The standard deviation was from 8 to 40%. (original abstract)
- https://www.dcode.fr/image-histogram [access:18.05.2018].
- Scuderi V., Amiard G., Sanz R., Boninelli S., Impellizzeri G., Privitera V.: TiO2 coated CuO nanowire array: Ultrathin p-n heterojunction to modulate cationic/anionic dye photo-degradation in water "Applied Surface Science" 416, p. 885-890, 2017.
- Rokhmat M., Wibowo E.,Sutisna, Khairurrijal, Abdullah M.: Performance Improvement of TiO2/CuO Solar Cell by Growing Copper Particle Using Fix Current Electroplating Method "Procedia Engineering" 170, p. 72-77, 2017.
- Boissenin M., Wedekind J., Selvan A.N, Amavasai B.P., Caparrelli F., Travis J. R: Computer vision methods for optical microscopes "Image and Vision Computig" 25, p. 1107-1116, 2007.
- Pires L.F, Borges F.S., Passoni S., Pereira A.B.: Soil Pore Characterization Using Free Software and a Portable Optical Microscope "Pedosphere" 23, p. 503-510, 2013.
- Delbem I.D., Galéry R.,Brandão P.R. G.,Peres A.E.C.: Semi-automated iron ore characterisation based on optical microscope analysis: Quartz/resin classification, "Minerals Engineering" 82, p. 2-13, 2015.
- Kottler V., Essaidi N., Ronarch N., Chappert C., Chen Y.: Dichroic imaging of magnetic domains with a scanning near-field optical microscope "Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials" 165, p. 398-400, 1997.
- Sekatskii S.K., Mironov B.N, Lapshin D.A, Dietler G., Let V.S.: Analysis of fiber probes of scanning near-field optical microscope by field emission microscopy, "Ultramicroscopy" 89, p. 83-87, 2001.
- Wieclawek W.: Information granules in image histogram analysis "Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics" 65, p. 129-141, 2018.