Actions of Social Responsibility in Creating the Brand Image of a Service Organization
The article aims at responding to the following research question: do the undertakings in the area of corporate social responsibility (CSR) play a role in enhancing the desired image features of the analysed service provider's brand, and if yes, what does this role consist in ? The decision to focus the attention on this particular subject has been motivated by the significance of corporate responsibility of today's service organizations, and the awareness that in their decision processes people are guided by the service provider's brand image. It is important therefore to increase understanding of methodological activities undertaken by a service organization in pursuit of its desired brand image, and of possibilities to attain this goal by means of CSR undertakings. The methodology of conducted research spanned the diagnosis of the actual state of knowledge in the analysed area, review of available results of research, own research using the case study method, and meta-analysis of the Internet sources of information on the Orange CSR activities. The analysed operator is socially responsible and has a well-considered strategy in this area. Methodical Orange CSR actions form a clear support for the creation of a strong socially responsible brand and enhances its positive image. In current market conditions the effective creating of brand image of a service organization seems to be determined by appropriate activities in the field of corporate social responsibility. The obtained results might be used to develop knowledge in the field of brand management of a service organization or by involved stakeholders from the service sector.(author's abstract)
- Fatma, M., Rahman, Z., Khan, I. (2015). Building company reputation and brand equity through CSR: the mediating role of trust. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 6 (33), 840-856. DOI: 10.1108/IJBM-11-2014-0166.
- Franzen, G., Moriarty, S.E. (2015). The science and art of branding. New York: Routledge.
- Johann, M. (2015). Service marketing. Warsaw: Warsaw School of Economics.
- Keller, K.L. (2013). Strategic brand management. Building, measuring and managing brand equity. (4th ed.). New York: Pearson Education Limited.
- Khojastehpour, M., Johns, R. (2014). The effect of environmental CSR issues on corporate/brand reputation and corporate profitability. European Business Review, 4 (26), 330-339. DOI: 10.1108/EBR-03-2014-0029.
- Kubicka, A.M. (2017). Rola consumer insight w zarządzaniu relacjami z klientem - studium przypadku. Marketing w Praktyce, 3, 33-40.
- Kuo-Fang P., Yan C., Kuang-Wei, W. (2014). Brand relationship, consumption values and branded app adoption. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 8 (114), 1131-1143.
- Liu, M.T., Wong, I.A., Shi, G., Chu, R., Brock, J.L. (2014). The impact of corporate social responsibility (CSR) performance and perceived brand quality on customer-based brand preference. Journal of Services Marketing, 3 (28), 181-194. DOI: 10.1108/ JSM-09-2012-0171.
- Moon, B.J., Lee, L.W., Oh, C.H. (2015). The impact of CSR on consumer-corporate connection and brand loyalty. A cross cultural investigation. International Marketing Review, 5 (32), 518-539. DOI: 10.1108/IMR-03-2014-0089.
- Pogorzelski, J. (2015). Marka na cztery sposoby. Branding percepcyjny, emocjonalny, społeczny i kulturowy. Warszawa: Wolters Kluwer.
- Rasche, A., Morsing, M., Moon J. (2017). Corporate Social Responsibility. Strategy, communication, governance. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Razmus, W. (2010). Metody pomiaru wizerunku marki. Marketing i Rynek, 6, 10-15.
- Rosenbaum-Elliott, R., Percy, L., Pervan, S. (2011). Strategic brand management. (2nd ed.). Oxford University Press.
- Tarczydło, B. (2013). Metodyka kształtowania wizerunku marki. Rozprawy. Monografie nr 298. Kraków: Wydawnictwa AGH.
- Wan, L.C., Poon, P.S., Yu, C. (2016). Consumer reactions to corporate social responsibility brands: the role of face concern. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 1 (33), 52-60. DOI: 10.1108/JCM-03-2013-0493.
- Wang, W., Korschun, D. (2015). Spillover of social responsibility associations in a brand portfolio. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 6 (24), 596-609. DOI: 10.1108/JPBM-06-2014-0629.
- Wolf, R., Issa, T., Thiel, M. (2014). Empowering organizations through corporate social responsibility. Hersey: IGI Global.