Methodological Aspects of the Formation of Competitive Advantages of a Regional Tourist Product
The question of competitive advantages formation characteristics in the field of tourism at the level of destinations is studied in the article. The theoretical analysis of concepts "region", "tourist region", "tourist product" and "competitiveness" of a tourist product is conducted. It is established that priority components of ensuring the sustainable country's development and a significant component of solving issues raising population living standards are overcoming the existing negative economic trends of regional development. It is defined that one of the ways out of the crisis economic situation at the regional level is the creation of systemic and complex prerequisites for the development of tourism, improvement of the functional and technical quality of regional tourist product components. It is revealed that a competitive tourist product, with the right combination of its factors formation and implementation, promotes regional development and increases population living standard in a certain territory. The methodical issues of working out a tourist product for regional development are substantiated. It is determined that necessary elements of a competitive tourist regional system are infrastructure, tourist product and population. The methodical approach to the formation of a competitive tourist industry at the regional level based on client-oriented principles of development and tourist services provision is suggested. (original abstract)
- About the approval of Tourism and Resorts Development Strategy for the period up to 2026, Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 16 March 2017 No 168-p, Kyiv, https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/npas/249826501.
- Ahafonova L.H.: Determination of competitiveness of a tourist product, [in:] Strategy for the development of tourist industry and catering. Materials of the international scientific and practical conference, 25-26.10.2006, Kyiv, KTUE, Kyiv 2000, pp. 430-434.
- Bezuhla V.О.: Analysis of the Competitiveness of Ukrainian Regions, Regional Economics 2004, No 4(34), pp. 64-68.
- Boyko M.H.: Tourist attractiveness of Ukraine: patterns of formation and development guidelines, Investments: Practice and Experience 2009, No 16, pp. 34-39.
- Dwyer L.: International Handbook on the Economics of Tourism, Edward Elgar Publishing, 2010.
- Halloway J.K., Taylor N.: Tourist business: translation of the 7th English J.K. Halloway (Ed.) Knowledge, Kyiv 2012.
- Hrynkevych O.S., Bil M.M.: Improving the assessment of the competitiveness of tourist product of region. Regional Economy 2009, No 4, pp. 40-46.
- Kobzova S.М.: The concept of "tourist region", "regional tourism" and "tourist route" in modern scientific discourse, Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University 2010, No 16(203), pp. 24-31.
- Kotler F., Bowen J., Meikenz J.: Marketing. Hospitality and Tourism. UNITI, Moscow 2005.
- Kvartalnov V.: Tourism, Russian International Academy of Tourism, Finance and Statistics, M2013.
- Kyfiak V.F.: Organization of tourism activity in Ukraine, Chernivtsi: Books 2009, No 21.
- Law of Ukraine "Tourism Act" dated 11 February 2015, Bulletin of the Supreme Rada of Ukraine (SRU) No 324/95-vr, http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/324/95- % B2 .
- Leiper N.: The framework of tourism: Towards a definition of tourism, tourist, and the tourist industry, Annals of Tourism Research 1979, No 6(4), pp. 390-407.
- Preobrazhensky V.S. et al.: Methodical instructions on characteristics of recreational area natural conditions, Geographical problems of tourism organization and recreation, 1975.
- Smolii V.A., Fedorchenko V.K., Tsybukh V.I.: Encyclopedic Tourist Guide Dictionary, Publishing House "Word", Kyiv 2006.
- State Program of Tourism Development for 2015-2022, Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No 583 dated 29 April 2014, Official Bulletin of Ukraine 2014, No 18, http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/638-2013- .
- Swarbrooke J.: Sustainable tourism management. Division of CABI International, New York 2008.
- Theobald W.F.: Global Tourism, 3rd edn., Elsevier, Butterworth-Heinemann 2014.
- Tkachenko T.I., Havryliuk S.P.: Analysis of competition in the tourist market of Ukraine, Bulletin of DIB 2000, No 2, pp. 113-121.
- Tsybukh V.: Tourism in Ukraine: Problems and Prospects, Economist 2010, No 6, pp. 34-35.
- Volkov Yu.H.: Regional Studies: tutorial. Phoenix, Rostov-on-the Don 2004