Analysis of the causes of mechanical damage in production of furniture fronts
The analysis of the problem of the mechanical damage was made for a company manufacturing furniture and furniture fronts. From January to September the company identified 285 pieces of mechanically damaged products. The management of the company wanted to identify the source of the incompatibility; therefore, it was purposeful to analyse the problem of the mechanical damage using the sequence of the selected instruments of the quality management that enable this. Additionally, until now the company has not used the instruments of the quality managements to analyse the problems involving nonconformity, so it was important to show the company their practical use. The aim was to analyse the problem of the occurrence of the mechanical damage in fronts and furniture and to identify the root cause of the problem. Also to show the effective use of the sequence of the quality management instruments (i.e. 52WH method, Pareto-Lorenz diagram, Ishikawa diagram, 5Why method) to solve the problem of incompatibility. It was concluded that the root cause of the mechanical damage of fronts and furniture was the lack of management knowledge and awareness of the need to implement visualization principles in the company. The analysis and the proposed improvement actions may be practiced in other companies from both the production and service industries. (original abstract)
- Blikle A.J., The Doctrine of Quality. The thing about turquoise self-organization, Helion, Gliwice, 2017.
- Bociąga M., Klimecka-Tatar D., Quality management tools in the cement industry, Archives of Engineering Knowledge, 1, 36-38, 2016.
- Borkowski S., Traditional quality management tools, SMJiP0 Czestochowa, 2013.
- Borkowski S., Ulewicz R., Production management. Production system, Publishing House Humanitas, Sosnowiec, 2009.
- Chądzyńska M., Klimecka-Tatar D., The use of a quality management tool such as the Ishikawa Diagram on the example of a small leather craft company, Archives of Engineering Knowledge, 1, 20-22, 2017.
- Costin H.I., Strategies for quality improvement: TQM, reengineering and ISO 9000, 2nd ed., Fort Worth, TX: The Dryden Press, 2000.
- Curta C., Trystramb G., Nogueira-Terronesc H., Hossenloppa J., A method for the analysis and control of sensory properties during processing - application to the dry sausage process, Food Control, 15, 5, 341-349, 2004.
- Góźdź A., Dychała E., Kruk K., The Pareto principle. Pareto Lorenzo diagram, Economy and Finance, 3, 75-84, 2013.
- Harmol A., Quality management and engineering, Theory and practice, PWN, Warsaw, 1998.
- Harmol A., Quality management with examples, PWN, Warsaw, 2005.
- Hys K., Domagała A., Application of spaghetti chart for production process streamlining. Case study, Achieves of Materials Science and Engineering, Copyright by International OCSCO World Press, International Scientific Journal published by the World Academy of Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 89(2), 64-71, 2018.
- Jasica G., Heinrich M., Statistical quality control using Pareto-Lorenz analysis on the example of a cold rolling mill, Eksploatation Problem, 3, 153-164, 2008.
- Knights P., Rethinking Pareto analysis: maintenance applications of logarithmic scatterplots, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, 7, 252-263, 2001.
- Łuszczak J., Matuszak-Flejszman A., Methods and techniques of quality management, Knowledge compendium, Quality Process, Poznan, 2007.
- Mazur A., Gołaś H., Principles, methods and techniques in quality management, Ed. Poznan University of Technology, Poznań, 2010.
- Nagyova A., Palko M., Pacaiova H., Analysis and identification of nonconforming products by 5W2H method, 9th International Quality Conference, June 2015.
- Pacana A., Czerwińska K., Siwiec D., Tools and selected quality management methods. Theory and practice, Publishing House of the Association of Managers of Quality and Production, Częstochowa 2018.
- Pacana A., Siwiec D., An Analysis of Factors Affecting the Choice of Medicines, Humanities and Soccial Sciences, Quarterly, Volume XXIII (April-June), Research Journal 25 (2/2018), e-ISSN 2300-9918.
- Pacana A., Siwiec D., Analysis of the problem of noncompatible products with the use of quality management instruments, Scientific Papers of Silesian University of Technology. Organization and Management Series, 131, 419-429, 2018.
- Pacana A., Teamwork and leaders, Scientific Publisher of the Politechnika Rzeszowska, Rzeszow, 2017.
- Pacana A., Bednarova L., Pacana J. et al., Effect of selected factors of the production process of stretch film for its resistance to puncture, Przemysl Chemiczny, 93, 12, 2263-2264, 2014.
- Roszak M., Quality management in engineering practice, Scientific International Journal of the World Academy of Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 31, 51-68, 2014.
- Sęp J., Perłowski R., Pacana A., Techniques of quality management support, Printing house of the Politechnika Rzeszowska, Rzeszow 2006.
- Siwiec D., Czerwińska K., The use of selected quality tools in the diagnosis of castings incompliance in the automotive industry, Innovations in Management and Production Engineering, T. II, s. 315-325, Publishing House of the Polish Society for Production Management, ISBN 978-83-941281-2-8, Opole 2018.
- Szczepańska K., TQM methods and techniques, Warsaw University of Technology Publishing House, Warsaw 2009.
- Szczęśniak B., Zasadzień M., Wapienik Ł., Application of Pareto analysis and Iskihawa diagram to analyse the causes of rejects in the production process of electric motors, Scientific Papers of Silesian University of Technology. Organization and Management Series, 63a, 125-147, 2012.
- Wolniak R., Skotnicka B., Quality management methods and tools. Theory and practice, Publisher of the Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, 2011.