The Application of ConceptNet For Knowledge Management of Texts in the Polish and English Languages
In the paper, the possibility of ConceptNet application for knowledge management of texts in the Polish and English language is discussed. ConceptNet is a freely-available semantic network, designed to help computers understand the meanings of words that people use, it contains concepts from many languages. The semantics of ConceptNet is presented in the context of the semantics of the EuroVoc which is based on the SKOS standard. Indexing tool, created by authors, based on ConceptNet is briefly described. Tests of texts indexing with the use of papers in Polish and English language were performed. Results are analyzed and evaluated. At the end, some conclusions about the quality of results are formulated. (original abstract)
- ConceptNet: http://conceptnet.io/.
- ISO 25964-1:2011 - Thesauri and interoperability with other vocabularies - Part 1: Thesauri for information retrieval
- SKOS Recommendation (18 August 2009) : http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/
- SKOS XL: http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos-xl.html
- SKOS Primer (Note 18 August 2009): http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/