The concept of land use model in Lithuania - the tool for sustainable development
Urbanization process in the Republic of Lithuania has formed a strong visual, cultural and economic gap between rural and urban areas. Lithuanian villages face major social, cultural changes and economic difficulties, which result in increasing migration of people to cities and foreign countries. Everyone could self-realize only in a safe and comfortable environment. The right environment, in which persons feel safe and are able to realize their potential in activities, can be created by spatial planning. Lithuanian scientists talk much about problems in territorial planning, but no particular proposals are offered and state institutions do not take any measures in order to stop this chaotic urbanization. There are a lot of problems related with land usage, so it is very important to create the sustainable model of land usage in Lithuania.(original abstract)
- Afshari A., Mojahed M., Yusuff R.M., 2010. Simple Additive Weighting approach to Personnel Selection problem," International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology" 1 (5), 511-515.
- Aleknavičius P., Gaudėšius R., 2011. The influence of Klaipëda city to the usage of rural areas, "Sustainable Development Strategy and Practice" 1 (5), 52-63.
- Alvarez-Rivero B., 2001. The CSD work programme on indicators of sustainable development. Conference of European Statisticians, Canada.
- Anjomani A., Saberi A., Shad N., 2011. Environmental and land use Planning decision supportsystem: An application example. "Contexto. Revista de la Facultad de Arquitectura de la Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León", 5 (5), 9-25, retrived from: http://www.redalyc. org/articulo.oa?id=353632025002 [accessed: 03.06.2018].
- Bardauskienë D., 2007. Assessments of Experts for the general plan development, "Technological and Economic Development of Economy" 13 (3), 223-236.
- Brando P.M., Coe M.T., Defries R., Azevedo A.A., 2013. Ecology, economy and managementof an agroindustrial frontier landscape in the southeast Amazon, Philosophical transactions of the Royal society 368 (1619), DOI: 10.1098/rstb.2012.0152.
- Ceddia M.G., Bardsley N.O., Palima S.G., Sedlacek S., 2014. Governance, agricultural intensification, and land sparing in tropical South America, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 20 (111), 7242-7247.
- Danilishin B.M., Veklich O.A., 2010. Genuine Progress Indicator as an Adequate Macroeconomic Indicator of Public Welfare, Russian Economic Development, (21) 6, 644-650.
- Dong Y., Hauschild M. 2017. Indicators for environmental sustainability, The 24th CIRP Conference on Life Cycle Engineering 61, 697-702.
- Dringelis L., Ramanauskas E., Gudzinevičiűtë G., 2011. The use of land in master plans of towns from the point of view of sustainable spatial development, Environmental research, engineering and management 4 (58), 65-73.
- Gaudėšius R. 2013. Landscape architecture features in urban junction of Sendvaris district and Klaipëda city. Environmental research, engineering and management 2 (64), 72-80.
- Gaudėšius R. 2014. Integrated development of rural areas in order to increase their competitiveness compared to urban areas, Environmental research, engineering and management 3 (69), 60-67.
- Gaudėšius R. 2015. Influence of General Plans on Urbanization of Agrarian Territories on Lithuania's Seaside, Environmental Research, Engineering and Management 71 (4), 19-27.
- Kavaliauskas P., Šabanovas S., 2011. New approach to functional zoning in Kaunas city',"Geography" 47 (2), 125-132.
- Memariani A., Amini A., Alinezhad A., 2009. Sensitivity Analysis of Simple Additive Weighting Method (SAW): The Results of Change in the Weight of One Attribute on the Final Ranking of Alternatives, "Journal of Industrial Engineering" 4, 13-18.
- Sayer J., Cassman K. G., 2013. Agricultural innovation to protect the environment, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 21 (110), 8345-8348.
- Sands G.R., Podmore T.H., 2000. A generalized environmental sustainability index for agricultural systems', Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 79, 29-41;
- Tan Y., Fatih D., 2010. Developing a Sustainability Assessment Model: The Sustainable Infrastructure,Land-Use, Environment and Transport Model. Sustainability (2), 321-340.
- Wei G., Jian G., Ke F., Edwin H.W. C. 2016. Dynamic Land Use Change and Sustainable Urban Development in a Third-tier City within Yangtze Delta." Procedia Environmental Sciences" (36), 98-105.