Modern challenges of creating tourism brand of Kazakhstan
The article is dedicated to studying contemporary situation and problems of torusim brand development in Kazakhstan. The results of the conducted survey have shown that consumers are interested in such tourist-and-recreational resources as natural reserves and national parks and monuments, the Yassavi mausoleum, the branded direction - Borovoye and the mountains, as well as the symbol of the country could become the Golden man or the snow leopard. The research is based on authors own empirical research on the issues regarding tourists awareness and preferencess, as well as experts' survey. The empirical research was provided based on literature review, primary data (in form of tourists surveys), secondary data collection, analysis and synthesis. To survey tourists a structured questionnaire was designed; 96 people were surveyed, including 55 women and 41 men as a random sampling. The experts' survey was conducted in free form, and eight experts were surveyed. As was evidenced by the study results, international tourists are particularly interested in authentic cuisine as well as activities. Moreover, the research revealed that a gap between the way Kazakhstan officially defines its identity and the actual brand image the country has for now as a tourist destination. Key words: tourism, brand, Kazakhstan, challeng(original abstract)
- Aaker D., 1991. Managing Brand Equity: Capitalizing on the Value of a Brand Name, Free Press, New York.
- Aaker D., 1995. Building Strong Brands, Free Press, New York.
- Aaker D., 2000. Brand Leadership, Free Press, New York.
- Anholt S., 2003. Branding places and nations, (in:) R. Clifton, J. Simmons (eds), Brands and Branding, The Economist Series, London, 213-226.
- Avraham E., Ketter E., 2008. Media Strategies for Marketing Places in Crisis Improving the Image of Cities, Countries and Tourist Destinations. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford.
- Buhalis D., 2000. Marketing the competitive destination of the future, Tourism Management 21, 1, 97-116.
- Caldwell N., Freire J.R., 2004. The differences between branding a country, a region and a city: applying the brand box model, Journal of Brand Management 12, 1, 50-61.
- Gravetter F.J., Forzano L.B., 2011. Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences. Cengage Learning.
- Kavoura N., 2014. A Conceptual Communication Model for Nation Branding in the Greek Framework. Implications for Strategic Advertising Policy, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 148, 32-39, DOI: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.07.015
- Keller K.L., 1993. Conceptualizing, measuring and managing customer-based brand equity, "Journal of Marketing "57, 1, 1-22.
- Keller K.L., 1998. Strategic Brand Management - Building, Measurement and Managing Brand Equity, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey.
- Keller K.L., 2003. Brand synthesis: the multidimensionality of brand knowledge, Journal of Consumer Research 29, 1, 595-600.
- Kotler P. 2003. Marketing Insights from A to Z - 80 Concepts Every Manager Needs to Know. John Wiley & Sons Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey.
- Mitsche N., Vogt F., Knox D., Cooper I., Lombardi P., Ciaffi D., 2013. Intangibles: Enhancing access to cities' cultural heritage through interpretation, International Journal of Culture Tourism and Hospitality Research 7, 68-77, DOI: 10.1108/17506181311301 381
- Overview of the tourism sector in Kazakhstan. Development Bank of Kazakhstan, Department of Industrial Policy, 2012.
- Pike S., 2005. Tourism destination branding complexity, Journal of Product & Brand Management, 14, 4, 258-259, DOI: 10.1108/10610420510609267
- Sexton D.E. 2005. Building the Brand Scorecard, The Advertiser, (February), 54-58.
- Shreiber D., 2008. Kazakhstan: Nomadic routes from Caspian to Altai, Odyssey Publications.
- Tasci A.D., Kozak M. 2006. Destination brands vs. destination image: Do we know what we mean?, Journal of Vacation Marketing 12, 4, 299-317.
- Tybout A. M., Calder B.J. (eds), 2010. Kellogg on Marketing, Wiley India Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi.