Innovation factors in the cyclical development of Ukrainian industries
This article deals with the determination of the stages of development of Ukrainian industries with regard to the factors driving innovation. Based on an analysis of literary sources carried out, the most common indicators of the stages of development of industries have been identified, and it is proposed to classify them into structural, volumetric, dynamic, and innovation ones, given the specificity of the relevant statistical data regarding Ukraine. Calculations have shown that most industries are in a declining phase in terms of the majority of volumetric and innovation criteria. In some industries there are positive trends to intensify the innovation activity of businesses, while the chemical and engineering industries, which have the highest level of technological development, are in a decline phase.(original abstract)
- V.Ye. Khaustova, Industrial policy in Ukraine: formation and forecasting: monograph, Kharkiv, 2015.
- K. Warwick, Beyond Industrial Policy: Emerging Issues and New Trends // OECD Science, Technology and Industry Policy Papers, 2, OECD Publishing, Paris, 2013, 57. http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/5k4869clw0xp-en [01.12.2017]
- A.V. Novickaya, Strategic alternatives of the organization development on the view of the stage of the life cycle of the market, Vestnik Universiteta, State University of Management, 11 (2012) 126-131.
- O. Y. Lotysh, Features strategic analysis of sector, Efficient economy: Electronic scientific professional edition, 2016, 11: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=5258 [12.12.2017]
- O.I. Matiushenko, Enterprise Life Cycle: Essence, Models, Estimation, "The Problems of Economy", 4 (2010) 82-91.
- S.M. Smirnova, Assessment of the stage of industrial cluster development: modeling approaches, Materials of the scientific-practical conference The role of business in the transformation of Russian society. Economic and Applied Problems of System Management: Current Trends, 2014, pp. 214-218.
- N.S. Rychihina, Analysis of stages of ≪life cycle≫ of development textile branch of the Ivanovo region (Russia), Economics and banks 2 (2013) 88-96.
- N.S. Rychihina, The analysis of life cycle and processes of spontaneous restructuring of machine-building industry in the region, Regional economics: theory and practice 365 (2014) 10-21.
- A. Bonaccorsi, P. Giuru, Industry life cycle and the evolution of an industry network, Laboratory of Economic and Management Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Working Paper Series, 2000, 4, 46 http://www.lem.sssup.it/WPLem/files/2000-04.pdf [20.12.2017]
- A. Sabol, M. Šander, D. Fučkan, The concept of industry life cycle and development of business strategies, International conference "Active Citizenship by Management, Knowledge Management & Innovation Knowledge and Learning", Zadar, 2013, pp. 635-642.
- J. Krafft, J.-L. Ravix, The firm and its governance along the industry life cycle, In: B. Laperche, D. Uzunidis (Eds.), Powerful Finance and Innovation Trends in High-Risk Economy, Palgrave MacMillan, London, 2008. pp. 131-148. https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00211206 [20.12.2017]
- L.S. Valinurova, N.A. Kuz'minyh, Assessment of the level of innovative development of industries, Innovations 104 (2007) 42-47.
- S.G. Kuznetsov, Allocation of Industry Cycles in the Forest Sector of Russia Using the Principle of Innovation Exhaustion," Science prospects" 68 (2015) 93-96.
- L.V. Strelkova, S.S. Kabanov, Technological development of industry branches: assessment and prospects, Vestnik of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod 2 (2012) 247-251.
- M. Sanders, J. Bos, C. Economidou, R&D over the life cycle, Tjalling C. Koopmans Research Institute Discussion Paper Series, 26 (2007) 07-18. http://www.koopmansinstitute.uu.nl [04.01.2018]
- O. Skotarenko, L. Babkina, Choice of strategies for changing the stages of the life cycle of points of economic growth in the regions of the Russian Federation, Risk: Resources, Information, Supply, Competition 3 (2013) 124-128.
- O.S. Kozlova, The impact of the regional phases of the oil extraction life cycle on the duration of the sector's life cycle, Bulletin of Baikal State University 27 (2017) 27-31.
- E.V. Krasil'nikova, Economic-mathematical modeling of transition to a stage of rapid growth and evaluation of micro and mezo-factors, Electronic scientific and practical journal "Synergy" 6 (2016) 54-60.
- S. Tavassoli, Innovation Determinants over Industry Life Cycle. Department of Industrial Economics, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Center for Strategic Innovation Research Electronic Working paper Series, Karlskrona, Sweden 11 (2012) 34.
- T. Grebel, L. Krafft, P.P. Saviotti, On the life cycle of knowledge intensive sectors, Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences Po, special issue (2006) 63-85. https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00203585 [04.01.2018]
- M. van Dijk, Industry life cycle in Dutch manufacturing, Working paper, UNU-MERIT Research Memoranda, Maastricht 14 (1998) 34. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.199.5305&rep =rep1&type=pdf [04.01.2018]
- M.D. Madvar, H. Khosropour, A. Khosravanian, M. Mirafshar et. al. Patent-based technology life cycle analysis: the case of the petroleum industry," Foresight and STI governance "10 (2016) 72-79. DOI: 10.17323/1995-459X.2016.4.72.79
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Official Site: www.ukrstat.gov.ua [20.02.2018]
- Industry of Ukraine in 2007-2010. Statistical Publication. State Statistics Service of Ukraine, Kyiv, 2011.
- Industry of Ukraine in 2011-2015. Statistical Publication. State Statistics Service of Ukraine, Kyiv, 2016.
- Statistical Yearbook 2007. Statistical Publication. State Statistics Service of Ukraine, Kyiv, 2008.
- Statistical Yearbook 2010. Statistical Publication. State Statistics Service of Ukraine, Kyiv, 2011.