Measuring and Developing Customer Satisfaction - by Balanced Critical Factor Index
This short analysis presents perspective and a holistic method for approaching and measuring customer satisfaction. The Balanced Critical Factor Index (BCFI) method is a measurement tool to indicate which attribute of a business process is critical and which is not, based on the experience and expectations of the company's employees, customers or business partners. This paper focuses on to detect and define critical business processes and factors, which have inﬂuence to effective co-operation and customer satisfaction. The use of a questionnaire is one of the most eﬃcient approaches to gather the required information. Due to the fact that each process has its own attributes and the questionnaires cannot be standardized, but the information from the phase is essential and could be measured. In this study case company's all gathered information will be analyzed and furthermore the BCFI measurement tools will be applied. The original research has been testified that, with the above-mentioned method (BCFI) customer's experience of the "gap" between expected and received service can be easily resolved. Using this BCFI method it is also possible to find easier so called "weak" customer satisfaction indicators, which are not directly obvious. Companies have crucial to take the right decisions upon the areas of business interest. To have it done, the company should have able to made decisions with the right amount of customer's needs. The correct allocation and fast adaption of customer's needs with the right amount of standards is a key to competitive advantage. This paper shows use of this BCFI method and how it could help companies to define there's customer's needs and required development target area more specifically. (original abstract)
- Kokkonen Olavi, Asiakastyytyväisyys on kaiken perusta [online], http://www.sixsigma.fi?sivu=artikkeli&id=90, 2006.
- Storbacka K., Lehtinen Jarmo.R., Asiakkuuden ehdoilla. Asiakkuuden armoilla. Viides painos, Juva: T¨aydellinen Asiakkuus OY ja WSOY WS Bookwell Oy, 2002.
- Lönnqvist A., Pirttimäki V., The Measurement of Business Intelligence, International Journal of Information System Management, 23, 32-41, 2006.
- Zeithaml V.A., Bitner M.J., Services marketing, McGraw-Hill, 1996.
- Zeithaml V., Parasuraman A., Berry L., "A Conceptual Model of Service Quality and it's Implications for Future Research", International Journal of Marketing, 40-50, 1985.
- Martilla J., James J.C., Importance & Performance Analysis, International Journal Of Marketing, 1977.
- Keyt J.C., Yavas U., Riecken G., Importance - performance analysis, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 22, 5, 35-40, 1994.
- Teppo Forss, Josu Takala, Heli Korpi, Ivan Golovko, Sustainable operative housing by dynamic renting, Management and Production review, 1, 2, 10-20, 2012.
- Uusitalo H., Tiede, tutkimus ja tutkielma, Johdatus tutkielman maailmaan, Helsinki: WSOY, 2001.
- Heikkilä Tarja, Tilastollinen tutkimus 3. Uudistettu painos. Helsinki: Oy Edita Ab, 2001.