Studying the Effectiveness of the NiCrN Alloy Forging Process
Chromium- and nickel based alloys offer good mechanical properties, while keeping them also in highly corrosive environment. In addition, the introduction of the nitrogen at the level of 0.3 to 0.5% to the alloy structure, increases the plastic deformation ability of the cast alloy. This observation is fully confirmed by the results of the plastic deformation tests (performed on Gleeble), which are presented in this paper. The laboratory samples made of NiCrN wrought alloy and processed by die forging, demonstrated the significant increase of the yield stress and plastic deformation ability for the applied deformation degrees. The experiments showed about twofold increase of the resistance to cyclic loading for the forged products, when comparing it to the initial alloy state after casting. The developed technology (validated by numerical simulations) has been used to manufacture the workpiece for the propeller shaft. The results of the deformation performance for the element subjected to plastic processing have been compared with the material in its cast state. (original abstract)
- Kazakov A., Schmidt J., Prichodovski A., Developing and experimental verification of the technology for producing dispersion reinforced cast nickel - chromium alloys, Cast Composites Conference, 18-20 October 1995, Zakopane.
- Schmidt J., Kazakov A., Investigation of CrNiN alloys properties as a material for propeller casting used by shipbuilding industry, 19-23 November 2000, Rotorua.
- Jiang R., Chen B., Hao X., and.., Mocro-segregation and Precipitation of Alloy 690 during Isothermal Solidification: the Role of Nitrogen Content, Journal Mater. Sci. Technol., 28 (5), 2012.
- Prasad Y.V.R.K., Sasidhara S., Hot Working Guide, A compendium of Processing Maps, ASM 1997.
- Sińczak J., Świątoniowski A., Schmidt J., Szostak J., Wpływ temperatury i prędkości odkształcenia na naprężenia uplastyczniające stopu CrNiN, Rudy i Metale Nieżelazne, Nr.7, R53 2008.
- Ono N., Kajihara M., Kikuchi M., Formation and stability of nitride with the structure of beta manganese in Ni-Cr-N tenary system, Metallurgical Transactions A, 23A, May 1992.
- Honczarenko J., Berliński A., Energy Consumption Modeling of Processes, Management and Production Engineering Review, 3, 1, 92-96, 2012.