The Estimation of Alternative Control Efficiency with the Use of the Cohen's Kappa Coefficient
In the article there was prepared the characteristics of the Cohen's Kappa method - one of methods concerning the analysis of measuring systems used for alternative control, recommended by the motorization branch (MSA 4th Edition. Ford, Chrysler, GM, 2010). The analysis of the examined method has been conducted while taking into consideration, as follows: history, use, calculation, results' interpretation, example, pros and cons of the method, research methodology. The Cohen Kappa coeﬃcient, when skillfully used, may cause the increase of control activities eﬃciency performed by individual inspectors as well as adequate choice of people designed to fulfill the key control operations. The Kappa statistics usability was verified upon estimating the conformity of inspectors. What was underlined is the fact, that statistics of the Kappa type should not be perceived as a determined, unique standard and assumptive way of conformity estimation. Moreover, there was proposed the use of additional helpful indicators during the analysis of alternative control systems eﬃciency. (original abstract)
- Czyżewski B., Internal quality control in an industrial enterprise, Greater Quality Club NOT, Poznan, 2009 (in Polish).
- Hamrol A., Quality management with examples, PWN, Warsaw, 2008 (in Polish).
- Olejnik T., Wieczorek R., Inspection and quality control, PWN, 1982 (in Polish).
- Feliks J., Lichota A., Computer-aided measurement analysis, Archives of Foundry Engineering, 3, 2010.
- http://www.qnowhow.pl/obiekty/mod/szczegoly/ Obi id/334/czy-ufasz-kontroli-wzrokowej.html
- Borkowski S., Siekański K., Analysis of the Quality Control System in the Foundry with Implementing the Quality Management System According to ISO 9001, W: 7 Medzinarodne vedecke sympozium. Kvalita a spol'ahlivost strojov. Sprievodna akcia Medzinarodneho strojarskeho vel'trhu 2002 v Nitre, Nitra, 2002.
- AIAG Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA). Reference manual by Chrysler, Ford and General Motors. 4th Edition, 2010.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohen's kappa
- Wood J.M., Understanding and Computing Cohen's Kappa: A Tutorial WebPsychEmpiricist, Web Journal at http://wpe.info/, 2007.
- Jarosz-Nowak J., Models assessing agreement between two experts, using the kappa coeﬃcient, Applied Mathematics 8, Warsaw, 2007 (in Polish).
- Cunningham M., More than Just the Kappa Coeﬃcient: A Program to Fully Characterize Inter-Rater Reliability between Two Raters, SAS Global Forum 2009, Statistics and Data Analysis, Paper 242-2009.