Methodology of Knowledge Value Assessment in an Enterprise of SME Sector
Intangible resources are the source of competitive advantage in the knowledge economy. Knowledge and intellectual capital (IC) within companies have gathered worldwide attention, theories and methods for knowledge creation management have been developed for organizations and alliances. Knowledge has currently become a main part of manufacturing resources and a prerequisite for success in the production environment. The paper develops a theoretical frame of the measurement of IC in the small and medium size enterprises based on the author's so called personnel usefulness function, which let describe the value of strategic knowledge resources in SME. This study aims to develop the methodology of the measurement of IC, also allows objective assessment of employees through application of GMDH algorithm and regressive polynomial model selection. This paper concludes with a discussion of the implications of the research. (original abstract)
- Argyris C., Schon Don. (2006). Organizational Learning II. New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing Co.
- Ashok J. (2006). Knowledge Management. PWE, Warsaw (in Polish).
- Bramham J. (2004). Benchmarking in the human resource management process. PWE, pp. 30-32 (in Polish).
- Davenport T., Prusak, L. (1998). Working Knowledge: How Organizations Manage What They Know. Harvard Business School Press, 1998.
- Edvinsson L., Malone, M. (1997). Intellectual capital: realizing your company's true value by finding its hidden brainpower. New York, NY: Harper Business.
- Howells J. (1996). Tacit knowledge, innovation and technology transfer. Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, Vol. 8 (2), pp. 91-106.
- Kasiewicz S., Rogowski W., Kicińska M. (2006). Intellectual capital, Krakow (in Polish).
- Kasprzak T. (2005). The reference model in the business processes management. Diffn, Warsaw (in Polish).
- Lenoard-Barton D. (1995). Wellsprings of Knowledge: Building and Sustaining the Sources of Innovation. Harvard Business School Press, Boston, Massachusetts, pp. 41-56.
- Nonaka L., Takeuchi H. (1995). The Knowledge-Creating Company, Oxford University Press, New York.
- Patalas-Maliszewska J. (2009). Virtual net of innovative SME". E-mentor Vol. 3, p. 59 (in Polish).
- Pocztowski A.(ed.) (2003). The best practices in the human resource management process. PWE, p. 36 (in Polish).
- Polanyi M. (1958). The Tacit Dimension. ME Sharp Inc, New York.
- Quinn J.B., Anderson P., Finkelstein S. (1996). Managing professional intellect: making the most of the best. Harvard Business Review Mar-Apr.
- Schein E. (1995). Organizational Culture and Leadership. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Sokołowska A. (2005). Intellectual capital management in the small enterprise. PTE (in Polish).