Developing a Model of Cooperation between Universities and Business - the Generalization of Cases of Cooperation
The aim of this paper is to present a model of cooperation between universities and business. This model is based on the needs of academic centres and is currently being developed based on newly acquired experience of cooperation with large information technology companies. The work contains a description of the existing database system supporting current cooper- ation and presents the concept for its development. This concept includes conclusions from generalization of cases of cooperation, to define specifications for the subsequent implemen- tation. The article presents innovative knowledge representation methods within the model, which should ensure further flexible development of the system and prepare it to face future challenges of extensive management of knowledge. This work also includes verification and the model implementation path for the purpose of support for scientific research units at Gdańsk University of Technology. (original abstract)
- Barcicki W., Raport European Innovation Index 2007 retrieved from: http://www.innowacyjnosc.gpw.pl/zalaczniki/10 (access: March, 26 2010r.).
- Grodzka D., Zygierewicz A., Innovativeness of the Polish economy, Infos nr 6(30), Sejm Publishing Office for Parliamentary Bureau of Research, Warsaw 2008 (in Polish).
- Innovation as an opportunity for development, article prepared by A.T. Kearney Polska consulting team, http://innowacyjnosc.gpw.pl/innowacyjnosc/kultura-rd (access: March, 26 2010r.) (in Polish).
- Kulakowski E.C., Chronister L.U., Research Administration and Managment, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc., 2006.
- Rousell P.A., Kamal N.S., Tamara J.E., Third generation R&D: managing the link to corporate strategy, Arthur D. Little Inc, 1991.
- Ettile J.E., Managing Innovation: New Technology, New Products and New Services in a Global Economy, Butterworth-Heinemann, 2006.
- Ackoff R., From Data to Wisdom in Journal of Applied Systems Analysis, 1989.
- GUT's graduate's database - http://bpsys.pl/absolwenci
- UWM's Technology and Services offers database - http://oferty.uwm.edu.pl/
- UWM's Experts Database - http://eksperci.uwm.edu.pl/
- UWM's Theses Database - http://pracedyplomowe.uwm.edu.pl/