Quality Engineering Implementation in an Organization: a Brief Finding on Qe Methodology
As many research focused on robustness methodology, this paper discuss on how to implement these methodology concept from the management perspective. Guidelines and appropriate strategies are discussed on Quality Engineering (QE) implementation in an organization and experimentation. Firstly, the experience of a company implementing QE is presented. Secondly, the practical data of a laboratory experiment is discussed in order to relate between the experimental result and requirement in industry. The QE implementation is explained on the strategies used in tackling organization problems. Optimization of peel adhesion strength test is carried out to propose the feasibility of experimental design tools. QE methodology between the practical case and company's case study is compared. Finally, through the QE implementation in organization and method applied in experimental design, a framework is proposed for QE methodology. QE implementation is presented from two sources, from a company and practical case study point of view. It helps a researcher or engineer applies the management strategy and engineering tool to ensure product robustness.(original abstract)
- Saitoh K., Yoshizawa M., Tatebayashi K., Doi M., A study about how to implement quality engineering in research & development (Part 1), Journal of Quality Engineering Society, 11, 100-107, 2003a.
- Saitoh K., Yoshizawa M., Tatebayashi K., Doi M., A study about how to implement quality engineering in research & development (Part 2), Journal of Quality Engineering Society, 11, 64-69, 2003b.
- JIS, "Japanese Industrial Standard Handbook", in Adhesives-Determination of peel strength of bonded assemblies-Part 3: Adhesive-180 degree peel test for flexible-to-flexible bonded assemblies (T-peel test), ed. Japan, 2008.
- ASTM, Annual Book of ASTM Standards Section 15: General Products, Chemical Specialties, and End use Products vol. 15.06, 2004.
- Taguchi G., Wu Y., Introduction to Off-Line Quality Control, Japan: Central Japan Quality Control Association, 1985.
- Taguchi G., Chowdhury S., Taguchi S., Robust Engineering, USA: McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- Taguchi G., Chowdhury S., Wu Y., Taguchi's Quality Engineering Handbook, USA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2005.
- Sakanobe M., Kurita T., Ichikawa T., Robust design of photoreceptor cleaning system in electrophotographic printer (example of quality engineering application in the development of new product A), unpublished.
- Sakai Y., Optimizing colorimetry accuracy of LED color sensor, unpublished.
- Akiyama K., Application of orthogonal array to soft-ware testing - HAYST method, unpublished.
- Roy R.K., Design of Experiments using the Taguchi Approach, Canada: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.