Robo-Advisors in Asset Management - the Experience from Germany
The importance of the digitization is in the area of financial services is growing. One of the manifestations of the development of financial technology in finance is the use of the so-called robo-advisors in financial services, which offer asset and wealth management services using fintech technology. The aim of the article is to present the essence of financial services offered by robo-advisors and indicate the development trends of these services in the field of asset management on the German market. Moreover, the article presents the benefits and limitations associated with the use of robo-advisors in asset management. The results of the research show that it is very fast developing services' market, which is characterised by relative low cost; but - because of its nascent level - there is lack of long-term benchmark and investment returns history that would enable further studies on that issue(author's abstract)
- Bjerknes, L., Vukovic, A. (2017). Automated Advice: A Portfolio Management Perspective on Robo- Advisors. Industrial Economics and Technology Management, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Deloitte (2016a). The expansion of Robo-Advisory in Weath Management. Retrieved from: https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/ Deloitte/de/Documents/financial-services/Deloitte-Robo-safe.pdf.
- Deloitte (2016b). Robo Advisory in Wealth Management. Retrieved from: https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/de/ Documents/financial-services/Robo_No_2.pdf.
- FINRA (2016). Report on digital investment advice. Retrieved from: https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/digital-investment-advicereport. pdf.
- Gabryelczyk, K. (ed.) (2009). Private asset&Wealth management. Nowe instrumenty i usługi finansowe. Warszawa: C.H. Beck.
- Lieber, R. (2014). Financial advice for people who aren't rich. The New York Times, April 2014. Retrieved from: https://www.nytimes. com/2014/04/12/your-money/start-ups-offer-financial-advice-to-people-who-arent-rich.html.
- Oxford English Dictionary (2016). Retrieved from: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fintech.
- Sironi, P. (2016). FinTech Innovation. From Robo-Advisors to Goal Based Investing and Gamification. Willey.
- Tönnesmann, J. (2018). Die Robos kommen. Die Zeit Geld no. 2, Die Zeit no. 25, June.
- Xie, P., Zou, C. (2013). The theory of internet finance. China Economist, 8 (2). Retrieved from: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers. cfm?abstract_id=2235967.