Methodology of Project Management Including Disruptions
The article presents methodology of projects management, taking into consideration disruptions as events which delay the whole project execution plan. The methodology is based in major part on the valid PMBOK standards, incorporating additional process of disruptions management in the cycle of known processes of project management, reflected in the original method of project execution planning. Case study illustrating application of the method which was elaborated was presented on the basis of turning lathe complete overhaul example demonstrating the method of obtaining alternative variants of project execution plan in reaction to a delay event.(original abstract)
- A guide to the project management body of knowledge. Fourth Edition, PMI, USA 2008.
- Kerzner H., Advanced project management: best practices on implementation, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey 2004.
- Lock D., Project management, Ninth Edition, Gower Publishing Ltd, Hampshire, Great Britain 2009.
- Kerzner H., Project management case studies, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey 2009.
- Trocki M., Grucza B., Ogonek K., Projects management, PWE, Warszawa 2003 (in Polish).
- Adam E.E., Ebert R.J., Productions and operations management, Prentice Hall, New Jersey 2009.
- Shenhar A.J., Wideman R.M., Toward a fundamental differentiation between project, PICMET, New Jersey 1997.
- Sauer J., Knowledge-based systems techniques and applications in scheduling, Ed. T.L. Leondes, Knowledge-based systems techniques and applications, Academic Press, San Diego 1999.
- Żuber R., Projects management, Publishing House of Warsaw University of Technology, Warszawa 1999 (in Polish).
- Meredith J.R., Mantel S.J., Project management - a managerial approach, John Wiley & Sons, New York 2000.
- Łapuńka I., Knosala R., The nature of disruptions in the project management. Enterprise Management, 1, 13-28, 2010 (in Polish).
- Łapuńka I., Knosala R., Computer aided modification of project execution plan in conditions of disruptions, Ed. R. Knosala, Computer Integrated Management, Vol. I, Publishing House of Polish Association for Production Management, Opole 2007 (in Polish).
- Knosala R., Łapuńka I., Know-how base implementation in computer system project execution planning, Eds. J.K. Grabara, J.S. Nowak, T. Lis, Computer science applications review, The Polish Information Processing Society - Upper Silesian Branch, Katowice 2008 (in Polish).
- Breiing A., Knosala R., Bewerten technischer Systeme, Springer Verlag, Berlin 1997.
- Zhu G., Bard J.F., Yu G., Disruption management for resource-constrained project scheduling, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 56, 365-381, 2005.
- Łapuńka I., Knosala R., Multi-criterion evaluation of technical-organizational project execution plan variants, Open Cast Mining, 7-8, 2006 (in Polish).