Assessment of the Performance of Management Consulting Services - a Correlational Survey
In Romania, as in other European countries, effective consulting services represent a key factor in maximising the chances to identify and absorb EU funds for various entities which are eligible for financing, from different environments, both public and private. This paper seeks to investigate the perception of people who applied for funding to different EU grants and projects, regarding the quality and effectiveness of managerial consulting services. The research employs a quantitative methodological approach and aims to test correlations between the items embedded in the conceptual model, such as the usefulness of information provided by consultants, the criteria for choosing the consultant and their degree of knowledge and capacity to adapt to their client's needs. The analysis was performed on a sample of 102 entrepreneurs and people with decision-making functions within public institutions. The results prove the benefits of managerial consulting through success stories, which may be shared with other people who intend to apply for EU funds. (original abstract)
- Amit, R., Schoemaker, P.J.H. (1993), Strategic assets and organizational rent, Strategic Management Journal, 14 (1): 33-46. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250140105
- Barney, J.B., Zajac, E.J. (1994), Competitive organizational behaviour: Toward an organizationally based theory of competitive advantage, Strategic Management Journal, 15: 5-9. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250150902
- Barney, J.B., Wright, P.M. (1998), On becoming a strategic partner: The role of human resources in gaining competitive advantage, Human Resource Management, 37 (1): 31-46. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-050X(199821)37:1<31::AIDHRM4>3.0.CO;2-W
- Borowiecki, R., Makieła, Z.J. (2019), Determinants of entrepreneurship and innovation development in local areas of economic activity: A case study analysis, Forum Scientiae Oeconomia, 7(2): 7-24. DOI: 10.23762/FSO_VOL7_NO2_1
- Barney, J.B. (2002), Gaining and sustaining competitive advantage (2nd edition), Upper Saddle River, PrenticeHall Inc.
- Brush, C.G., Green, P.G., Hart, M.M, Haller, H.S. (2001), From initial idea to unique advantage: The entrepreneurial challenge of constructing a resource base, The Academy of Management Executive, 15(1): 64-78. DOI: 10.5465/AME.2001.4251394
- Dinsmore, P.C. (1998), How grown-up is your organization? PM Network: The professional magazine of the Project Management Institute, 12(6): 24-26.
- Droj L., Droj G., (2015), Sensitivity assessment modelling in European funded projects proposed by Romanian companies, The Annals of the University of Oradea. Economic Sciences, 1(1): 361-371.
- Duncan, W.J., Ginter, P.M., Swayne, L.E. (1998), Competitive advantage and internal organizational assessment, The Academy of Management Executive, 12(3): 6-16. DOI:10.5465/ame.1998.1109046
- Dunford, R. (2000), Key challenges in the search for the effective management of knowledge in management consulting firms, Journal of Knowledge Management, 4(4): 295-302. https://doi.org/10.1108/13673270010379849
- Grant, R.M. (1996), Toward a knowledgebased theory of the firm, Strategic Management Journal, 17(S2): 109-22. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250171110
- Hamel, G. (1995), Reinventing the company, Executive Excellence, 12(10): 9-13.
- Kerzner, H. (2001), Project Management - a system approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling, New York: Wiley & Sons.
- Leiponen, A. (2006), Managing knowledge for innovation: The case of business-to-business service, Journal Product nnovation Management, 23(3): 238-58. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5885.2006.00196.x
- Lewis, J.P. (2012), Fundamentals of project management: Developing core competencies to help outperform the competition, New York: AMACOM.
- Mata, F.J., Fuerst, W.L., Barney, J.B. (1995), Information technology and sustained competitive advantage: A resourcebased analysis, MIS Quarterly, 19(4): 487-507.
- Morris, P.W.G., Crawford, L., Hodgson, D., Shepherd, M.M., Thomas, J. (2006), Exploring the role of formal bodies of knowledge in defining a profession - the case of project management, International Journal of Project Management, 24(8): 710-721. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijproman.2006.09.012
- Nicolescu, C. (2007), Apps and schemes for training and consulting in pragmatic management of companies, human resource management and project management with national and international funding, Bucharest: Cronos.
- Sacks, J., Welch, W.J., Mitchell, T.J., Wynn, H.P. (1989), Proposed risk assessment bulletin. Technical report, The Office of Management and Budget's/Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments, OMB (2006) January, Statistical Science, 4: 409-435
- Petersen, N.J., Poulfelt, F. (2002), Knowledge management in action: A study of knowledge management in management consultancies, Křbenhavn: LOK Research Center.
- Priem, R.L., Butler, J.E. (2001), ls the resource-based "view" a useful perspective for strategic management research? Academy of Management Review, 26(1): 26-40. DOI: 10.2307/259392
- Rumelt, R.P., Schendel, D.E., Teece, D.J. (1994), Fundamental issues in strategy, Cambridge: Harvard Business School Press.
- Teece, D.J., Pisano, G., Shuen, A. (1997), Dynamic capabilities and strategic management, Strategic Management Journal, 18(7): 509-33. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0266(199708)18:7<509::AIDSMJ882>3.0.CO;2-Z
- Teixeira, L., Xambre, A. R., Figueiredo, J., Alvelos, H. (2016), Analysis and design of a project management information system: Practical case in a consulting company, Procedia Computer Science, 100: 171-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2016.09.137
- Thomas, J., Delisle, C., Jugdev, K. (2002), Framing the moves that matter: Selling project management to senior executives, (1st edition), Newtown Square, Project Management Institute.
- Thomas, H., Pollock, T., Gorman, P. (1999), Global strategic analysis: Frameworks and approaches. The Academy of Management Executive, 13(1): 70-82. DOI: 10.5465/AME.1999.1567340
- Van den Bosch, F.A., Baaij, M.G., Volberda, H.W. (2005), How knowledge accumulation has changed strategy consulting: strategic options for established consulting firms, Strategic Change, 14(4): 25-34. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsc.705