Analysis of Non-Compliance of Industrial Robot Arm Parts
Identifying inconsistencies and taking adequate actions to eliminate them is an effective way to improve the quality of products. Casting products are one of the items commonly manufactured in the foundry industry. Determining their quality becomes problematic due to a large number of factors affecting them during production which can generate various types of incompatibilities. The problem with a large number of incompatibilities of castings arose in a company in the southern part of Poland. The aim of the research was to diagnose the state of a batch of castings of industrial robot arm parts and to precisely determine the most important reasons for the occurrence of unworthiness, in relation to which appropriate preventive measures could significantly contribute to the reduction of the number of non-compliant castings and hence, waste. The analysis of incompatibilities occurring in the casting using the Pareto-Lorenz method and the ABC method allowed indication of the most important (in terms of frequency and severity) incompatibility of castings - gas porosity. Continuing the analysis of the problem by means of a brainstorming session and organizing ideas via the Ishikawa diagram made it possible to identify the key cause of the problem, which was the inadequately prepared (wet) core of the casting mold.(original abstract)
- 1. Antosz, K. et al. (2013). Lean Manufacturing tools. Rzeszow: Rzeszow University of Technology Publishing House.
- 2. Blikle, A.J. (2017). The Doctrine of Quality. The thing about turquoise self-organization. Gliwice: Helion Publisher.
- 3. Borowiecka-Wilczyńska, A. (2007). Penetration testing. Repetitory. Warsaw: Gamma office.
- 4. Chądzyńska, M., Klimecka-Tatar, D. (2016). Application of a quality management tool in a small leathercraft enterprise. Archive of Engineering Knowledge, 1(1), 42-44.
- 5. Costin, H.I. (2000). Strategies for quality improvement: TQM, reengineering and ISO 9000. Fort Worth, TX: The Dryden Press.
- 6. https://aluminium-giesserei.com/, 26.05.2019.
- 7. Łuszak, J., Matuszak-Flejszman, A. (2007). Methods and techniques of quality management. Knowledge compendium. Poznań: Quality Progress.
- 8. Łuszczak, M., Dańko, R. (2014). The state of the issue in the field of casting of large structural castings from aluminum alloys. Archives of Foundry Engineering, 13(3), 113-116.
- 9. Miller, P. (2011). Systematic quality management. System concept, system evaluation, decision support. Warszawa: Difin.
- 10. Pacana, A. (2017). Teamwork and leaders. Rzeszow: Rzeszow University of Technology Publishing House.
- 11. Pacana, A., Czerwińska, K., Siwiec, D. (2018). Tools and methods of quality management. Theory and practice. Czestochowa: Publishing House of the Association of Managers of Quality and Production.
- 12. Pacana, A., Siwiec, D., Bednarova, L. (2019). Analysis of the incompatibility of the product with fluorescent method. METABK, 58(3-4), 337-340.
- 13. Panušková, M. (2006). Improve the performance of selected aluminum alloys for castings. Dissertation project, University of Zilina.
- 14. Poloczek, Ł., Kiełbus, A. (2016). The influence of technological factors on the quality of castings from aluminum alloys. Business Management, 19(2), 14-19.
- 15. Sęp, J., Perłowski, R., Pacana, A. (2006). Techniques of quality management support. Rzeszów: Rzeszów University of Technology Publishing House.
- 16. Siwiec, D., Czerwińska, K. (2018). The use of selected quality tools in the diagnosis of castings incompliance in the automotive industry. http://www.ptzp.org.pl/files/konferencje/ kzz/artyk_pdf_2018/T2/2018_t2_315.pdf, 27.05.2019.
- 17. Słowiński, B. (2011). Quality management and engineering. Koszalin: University of Technology Publishers of Koszalin University of Technology.
- 18. Szczepańska, K. (2009). TQM methods and techniques. Warsaw: Warsaw University of Technology Publishing House.
- 19. Vicen, M., Fabian, P., Tillová (2017). Self-Hardening AlZn10Si8Mg Aluminium Alloy as an Alternative Replacement for AlSi7Mg0.3 Aluminium Alloy. Archives of Foundry Engineering, 17, 3. Katowice: The Katowice Branch of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- 20. Zentek, P. (2016). Non-destructive testing methods for selected elements of small power turbogenerators. Electric Machines - Notebooks Problems, 3(111), 115-120.