Clusters as a Modern Pattern of Running Business Supporting Innovation
Gaining competitive advantage in the contemporary business world requires entrepreneurs to quickly adapt to the changes occurring in the ever more dynamic environment. The tenden- cy related with transition from competitiveness to cooperation was very distinctive in the World in the last twenty years. Nowadays initiatives in this direction are also undertaken in Poland. One of them is the Cluster of Innovative Manufacturing Technologies created in Lower Silesia. Its strategic goal is to support development of the region economy and reinforce competitiveness of manufacturing companies. The essence of the cluster performance poses a very complex issue because for many years competition was the base of planning and introducing enterprises' strategies. Contemporary business units need to move from this approach to the attitude founded on a smart col- laboration. Due to the lack of a data base in the field of manufacturing innovative prod- ucts in cooperation of independent organizations in Poland there was undertaken an effort to collect and analyze information enabling 'cluster-like' integration of the manufacturing environment.(original abstract)
- Doeringer P., Terkla D., Business strategy and cross-industry clusters, Economic Development Quarterly, 9, 225-262, 1995.
- Development Clusters Networks SMEs, The UNIDO Programme, Vienna 2001
- Schmitz H., Small schoemakers and Fordist giants: tale of a supercluster, World Devel-opment, 23, 9- 28, 1995.
- Schmitz H., Musyck B., Industrial districts in Europe: policy lessons for developing countries, World Development, 22, 6, 889-1011, 1994.
- Kozak M., Clusters - a challenge for SME development in Poland, http://www.e-mentor.edu.pl/artykul/index/numer/ 28/id/608
- Knop L., Opportunities and threads of technological clusters development in Poland, http://dlafirmy.info.pl/ articlesFiles/Lilla Knop artykul.pdf
- Wang J., Innovative Spaces: Enterprise Clusters and Regional Development, Peking University Press, Beijing, 2001.
- Michele E.M., Ding Q., Global competitiveness in the Datang hosiery cluster, Zhejiang, Chinese Management Studies, 3, 2, 102-116, 2009.
- Wang J., Zhu H., Tong X., Industrial districts in a transitional economy: the case of the Datang sock and stocking industry in Zhejiang, China, in Lagendijk A. and Oinas P. (Eds), Proximity, Distance and Diversity: Issues on Economic Interaction and Local Development, Ashgate, London 2002.
- Guo H.L., Cai C.H.,Wangluo jiegou: Datang wayede zuzhi moshi (in Chinese), Zhejiang Economy, 7, 16- 17, 2000.
- Miche'le E.M. Akoorie, Qiang Ding, Global competitiveness in the Datang hosiery cluster, Zhejiang,Chinese Management Studies, 3, 2, 2009.
- Kuei-Hsien Niu, Grant Miles, Chung-Shing Lee, Strategic development of network clusters. A study of high technology regional development and global competitiveness, Competitivness Review: An International Business Journal, 18, 3, 176-191, 2008.
- Katzy B.R., Crowston K., Competency rallying for technical innovation - The case of the Virtuelle Fabrik, Technovation, 28, 679-692, 2008.