Design as an Element of the Service Company's Strategy
As the research conducted by Design Council in UK shows for every £ 1 invested in design, businesses can expect over £ 20 in increased revenues (Design Council, 2018). This article raises the question whether it is justified to include design in a service company's strategy, and companies' readiness to treat design as a key element of their strategy. The goal of the article is to describe the external and internal conditions that must exist for service companies to incorporate design into their strategies and use it as a generator of value for them. To verify the above issues the desk research analysis and answers from experts gathered during individual in depth interviews has been used. In the course of conducting interviews, it could be noted that despite the fact that experts come from different countries, as well as worked for various entities, they have very convergent views on the entities problems in the implementation of design, as well as on creative innovation management. Experts also had similar guidance for these organizations.(author's abstract)
- Brown, T., Martin, R.L. (2015). Design for action. Harvard Business Review, IX, 56-64.
- Brown, T. (2018). Our Approach: Design Thinking, IDEO. Retrieved from: www.ideo.com/ about.
- Celaschi, F., Celi, M., Garcia, L.M. (2011). Design: An Advanced Design Perspective. Design Management Journal, 6 (1), 6-15.
- Design Council (2018). Design for public good. Retrieved from: https://www.designcouncil.org.uk/sites/default/files/asset/document/ Design%20for%20Public%20Good.pdf.
- Koval, J. (2018). Performance is the result of designing perfectly to an intention. VSA Partners. Retrieved from: https://www.vsapartners. com/news.
- Mozota, B. (2006). A theoretical model for Design in Management science according to the paradigm shift of the Design profession: from management as a constraint to management science as an opportunity. 1st International Design Management Symposium D2B. March 16-19, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- Rousseau, J. (2018). The Case for Design Consulting, Artefact. Retrieved from: https://www.artefactgroup.com/content/the-casefor- design-consulting.
- Stickdorn, M, Schneider, J. (2014). This is service design thinking. Amsterdam: BIS Publisher.