Model of the Employees' Recruitment for Creative Teams in Manufacturing Company
The article deals with the subject of recruitment of a candidate for a creative team in manufacturing company. For this purpose, a recruitment model has been developed. It consists of three main stages: preliminary selection of candidates, assessment of the predispositions of the selected candidates to work in a team and creative team building. The authors developed recruitment model of a candidate for a creative team includes a set of tools supporting the assessment at each stage. In the first stage concerning the preliminary selection, a competence Questionnaire for working in a creative team, was developed. The second stage includes the assessment of a candidate's predispositions with the use of original tools for assessing creativity, a tool supporting the monitoring of employees' activity in proposing innovative solutions and assessment center methodology. The principles of AC remained the same. The competences that a creative team should possess were adjusted to the tool. Tasks were proposed in order to assess these competences. The tool itself is ready for application. In the subsequent stage of research, the tool in question will be tested in selected companies and evaluated. The last stage concerns the team building. The tool used at this stage is the Questionnaire for assessing the role in the team. While creating a recruitment model of a candidate for a creative team, of the selected companies team leaders were consulted. (original abstract)
- Armstrong M., Human resource management. Practice, Kogan Page Ltd, 2014.
- Wasowska-Bak K., Górecka D., Mazur M., Assessment/ Development Center. Get to know the most effective method of assessing the competences of employees and candidates for work [in Polish: Assessment/Development Center. Poznaj najskuteczniejszą metodę oceny kompetencji pracowników i kandydatów do pracy], Helion: Warszawa, 2012.
- Burbiel J., Creativity in research and development environments: A practical review, International Journal of Business Science and Appiled Management, 4, 2, 2009.
- Luecke R., Managing creativity and innovation, Harvard Business School Press: Boston, 2003.
- Thornton G.C. III, Rupp D.E., Assessment centers in human resource management: Strategies for prediction, diagnosis, and development, Mahwah, NJ, US: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers, 2006.
- Taylor I., A practical guide to assessment centres and selection methods: measuring competency for recruitment and development, UK: Kogan Page, 2007.
- Mulvey P.W., Veiga J.F., Elsass P.M., When teammates raise a white flag, Academy of Management Executive, 1, 40-49, 1996.
- Shonk J.H., Team-based organizations: developing a successful team environment, Homewood: Business One Irwin, 1992.
- Verespej M.A., When workers get new roles, Industry Week, 1992.
- Robbins S.P., Coulter M.A., DeCenzo D.A., Fundamentals of management. Essential concepts and applications, London: Pearson, 2016.
- Wasilewska B., Moderation of problem-focused teams, Vision 2020: Sustainable Economic development, Innovation Management, and Global Growth, Khalid S. Soliman [Ed.], Madrid, pp. 338-347, 8-9 November 2017.
- Edwards-Schachter M., García-Granero A., Sánchez- Barrioluengo M., Quesada Pineda H., Amara N., Disentangling competences: Interrelationships on creativity, innovation and entrepreneurships, Thinking Skills and Creativity, 16, 27-39, 2015.
- King N., Innovation at work: the research literature, Innovation and Creativity at Work., M.A. West, J. Farr [Eds], Wiley, Chichester 1990.
- Kletke M.G., Mackay J.M., Barr S.H., Creativity in the organization: the role of individual creative problem solving and computer support, Int. J. Human- Computer Studies, 55, 217-237, 2001.
- Feldman D.H., The development of creativity, Handbook of Creativity, R.J. Sternberg [Ed.], Cambridge University Press, pp. 169-189, 1999.
- VanGundy A.B., 101 activities for teaching creativity and problem solving, San Francisco: Pfeiffer, 2005.
- Wasilewska B., Tomczak-Horyń K., Knosala R., Methodology of Selecting Innovators and Support for Innovator Activity, [in:] Vision 2020: Sustainable Economic Development, Innovation Management, and Global Growth, K.S. Soliman [Ed.], Sewilla, pp. 281-289, 2018.
- Tomczak-Horyń K., Knosala R., Evaluation of the work sample of innovators [in Polish: Ocena próbki pracy innowatorów], Innowacje w Zarządzaniu i Inżynierii Produkcji, R. Knosala [Ed.], Oficyna Wydawnicza Polskiego Towarzystwa Zarządzania Produkcją: Opole, pp. 118-126, 2017.
- Blandford A., Semi-structured qualitative studies, [in:] The encyclopedia of Human-Computer interaction, M. Soegaard, D. Rikke Friis [Ed.], Aarhus The Interaction Design Foundation: Denmark, 2013.
- Knosala R., Tomczak-Horyń K., Wasilewska B., Measuring the creativity of innovation initiators in an enterprise [in Polish: Pomiar kreatywności pomysłodawców innowacji w przedsiębiorstwie], Zeszyty Naukowe Studia i Prace Kolegium Zarzadzania i Finansów, 62,77-88, 2018.
- Tomczak-Horyń, K., Knosala, R., The study project on employee's creativity effect on innovation in a manufacturing company, [in:] Proceedings of the 30th International Business Information Managment Association Conference, K.S. Soliman [Ed.], Madrit, pp. 1918-1926, 2017.
- Tomczak-Horyń K., Knosala R., Evaluation of Employees' Creativity as a Stimulator of Company Development, Procedia Engineering, 182, 709-716, 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.03.184.
- Jarecki W., Recruitment of employees [in Polish], Szczecin: Economicus, 2012.
- Suchar M., Recruitment and personal selection [in Polish], Warszawa: C.H. Beck, 2005.
- Wozniak J., Recruitment - theory and practice [in Polish], Warszawa: PWN, 2013.
- Belbin M., Teams roles at work, Routledge: New York, 2010.
- Necka E., Track ... Creative Problem Solving [in Polish: Trop... Twórcze Rozwiązywanie Problemów], Oficyna Wydawnicza Impuls: Kraków, 1994.
- Robbins S.P., Rules of behavior in the organization [in Polish: Zasady zachowania w organizacji], Wyd. Zysk i S-ka: Poznan, 2001.
- McGuinness M., How to Motivate Creative People, London, 2009, e-book (dostep: 15.11.2014).
- Rupp D. et al., Guidelines and ethical considerations for assessment center operation, international taskforce on assessment center guidelines, Journal of Management, 41, 4, 1244-1273, 2015.