Classification of Blockchain Technology Implementations in Finance Industry
Blockchain technology currently receives a lot of public attention with its disruptive potential to rebuild a currently state of economy. While blockchain technology is treated potentially disruptive in socio-economic environment, there is a lack of understanding where and how blockchain technology is effectively applicable and where it has mentionable practical effects. The use of this technology inside many businesses caused a need to create a system of tools and methods allow properly description to generate valuable information for governments, management, customers etc. Due to a lack of information related to blockchain technology it is a must to explore potential of blockchain in the context of risk. This paper examinees a problem of implementation blockchain technology within finance industry. The main aim of the article was to outline how important is to understand potential of blockchain technology and its limitations, therefore the author prepared a model which can be used to classify blockchain technology implementations in finance industry. This study describes existing issues in the financial aspect. (original abstract)
- Block F., 2008, Swimming against the current: The rise of a hidden developmental state in the United States, Politics & Society, 36(2), pp. 169-206
- Casey M., 2018, The Blockchain: Decentralized Trust to Unlock a Decentralized Future, O'Reilly, https://www.oreilly.com/ideas/the- blockchain-decentralizedtrust-to-unlock-a-decentralized-future.
- Herian R., 2018, Regulating Disruption: Blockchain, Gdpr, And Questions Of Data Sovereignty, Journal of Internet Law, Vol. 22 Issue 2, pp.1-16.
- Iansiti M., Karim R., Lakhani R., 2017, The Truth About Blockchain, Harvard Business Review, 95 (1), pp. 118-127.
- Kokina J., Machna R., Pachamanova D., 2017, Blockchain: Emergent Industry Adoption and Implications for Accounting, Journal Of Emerging Technologies In Accounting, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 91-100
- Lewis R., McPortland J., Ranjan R., 2017, Blockchain and Financial Market Innovation, Economic Perspectives, Vol. 41, No. 7, pp. 45-56
- Manski S., 2017, Building the blockchain world: Technological commonwealth or just more of the same?, Strategic Change 26(5) pp.511-522
- Morgan Stanley, 2018, Global insight: Blockchain in banking: Disruptive threat or tool?, Global Financials/FinTech, Morgan Stanley Global Insight pp. 28, http://www.the- blockchain.com/docs/Morgan-Stanley-blockchain-report.pdf
- Niforos M., 2017, Blockchain in development: part II - how it can impact emerging markets?, EMCompass; no. 41. Washington, D.C.: World Bank Group http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/649111502949149231/Blockchain- indevelopment-part-II-how-it-can-impact-emerging-markets
- Ramachandran R., Rehermann T., 2017, Can Blockchain Technology Address DeRisking in Emerging Markets?, International Finance Corporation - World Bank Group, Washington 2017 pp. 23
- Raport Blockchain, tokeny i kryptowaluty. Jak to ugryźć?, 2018, Rzeczpospolita, https://newtech.law/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Blockchain- tokenykryptowaluty-jak-to-ugryźć.pdf
- Report Distributed Ledger Technology: beyond blockchain, 2018, UK Government Chief Scientific Adviser, https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/492 972/gs-16-1-distributed-ledger-technology.pdf
- Report PwC, 2016, Financial Services Technology 2020 and Beyond: Embracing Disruption, 2016, https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/financialservices/assets/pdf/technology2020-and-beyond.pdf
- Swan M., 2015, Blockchain: Blueprint for a New Economy, San Francisco, CA: O'Reilly Media, pp. 34
- Tapscott D., Tapscott A., 2016, The Impact of the Blockchain Goes Beyond Financial Services, Harvard Business Review, https://hbr.org/2016/05/the-impact-of-the-blockchaingoes-beyond-financial-services "