Development of an Effective Planning Model for Improving Financial Performance
Mastering business processes indicates a well-developed system of planning and analysis, as well as management activities that define the direction and pace of activity, and thus evaluate the efficiency of the change process. Hence, planning and business analysis are the parts which control functions that are integrated into an entire business process, the realisation of which depends on the synchronisation and performance process, which is the main subject of this paper. Given this fact, the aim of this paper is to propose a model that will seek to integrate all major segments of the planning process by means of its structure in order to achieve multiple benefits for an industrial enterprise through synergy. The survey covered executives of all levels, from top management, to managers of business units, to a number of workers from shared services and manufacturing - a total of 60 employees. The paper emphasises the fact that a carefully designed planning system which covers all important segments of the process will result in modelling business and management processes, which will direct business operations and results towards accomplishing the defined goals of industrial enterprises. (original abstract)
- Adizes, I. (2004), Styles of good and bad management, Novi Sad: IKA Prometej.
- Cândido, C.J.F., Santos, S.P. (2015), Strategy implementation: What is the failure rate? Journal of Management & Organization, 21(2): 237-262. DOI: 10.1017/jmo.2014.77
- Cater, T., Pucko, D. (2010), Factors of effective strategy implementation: Empirical evidence from Slovenian business practice, Journal for East European Management Studies, 15(3): 207-236. DOI: 10.2307/23281679
- Cvijanović, D., Mihailović, B., Simonović, Z. (2009), Tranzicija u srbiji: efekti i ograničenja, Tranzicija, 10(21-22): 87-100.
- Ćurčić, M, Kostić, R., Arapović, T. (2018), Planiranje i kontrola kao funkcije menadžmenta preduzeća, Oditor - časopis za Menadžment, finansije i pravo, 4(1): 94-103.
- Douma, S., Schreuder, H. (2002), Economic approaches to organizations (3rd edition), Prentice Hall.
- Farrell, C. (1995), Personal Financial Ratios: An elegant road map to financial health and retirement, FPA Journal, retrieved from: http://coloradolinux.com/~sjg/FPA-Personal_Financial_Ratios.pdf (accessed 10 March 2020).
- George, B., Richard, M., Monster, W.J. (2019), Does strategic planning improve organizational performance? A metaanalysis, Public Administration Review, 79(6): 810-819. https://doi.org/10.1111/puar.13104
- Glaister, K.W., Falshaw J.R. (1999), Strategic planning still going strong? Long Range Planning, 32(1): 107-116.
- Hunjra, A. I., Shamim, N., Khalid, B. (2014), Impact of strategic planning on the financial performance of small and medium banks in Islamabad, Bulletin of Business and Economics, 3(2): 96-130.
- Ivanisević, A., Lošonc, A., Morača, S., Vrgović, P., Katić, I. (2019), Exploring the business planning practices in SMEs in a developing country, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 10(1): 105-114. DOI: 10.24867/IJIEM-2019-1-105
- Ivanisevic, A. (2008), Testing conditions for the development of an integrated model of planning and analysis of business processes in an industrial enterprise, Master thesis, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Technical Sciences, Serbia.
- Jedox, The case for integrated planning (2018), retrieved from: https://qbit.dk/wpcontent/uploads/2018/06/jedox-whitepaper-integrated-planning-en.pdf (accessed 12 March 2020).
- Judson, A.S. (1991), Invest in a high-yield strategic plan, Journal of Business Strategy, 12(4): 34-39. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb039428
- Karel, S., Adam, P., Radomír, P. (2013), Strategic planning and business performance of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, Journal of Competitiveness 5(4): 57-72. DOI: 10.7441/joc.2013.04.04
- Kaplan, R.S., Norton, D.P. (2001), The strategy-focused organization - how Balanced Scorecard Companies thrive in the new business environment, Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
- Kliestikova, J., Kovacova, M., Krizanova, A., Durana, P., Nica, E. (2019). Quo vadis brand loyalty? Comparative study of perceived brand value sources, Polish Journal of Management Studies, 19(1): 190-203. DOI: 10.17512/pjms.2019.19.1.14
- Lazarević-Moravčević, M., Erić, D., Kamenković, S. (2018), Uticaj poslovnog okruženja na performanse sektora MSPP u Srbiji, Poslovna ekonomija, Sremska Kamenica, 1: 33-5. DOI: 10.5937/poseko13-17281
- Leković, B. (2006), Principles of management, Faculty of Economy, Subotica.
- Maureen, B. (1998), Strategic planning in small high tech companies, Long Range Planning, 31(3): 455-466.
- Miletić, V., Božilović, S. (2015), Analysis of possibilities for improving Serbian companies' business activity, Facta Universitatis, Series: Economics and Organization 12(4): 259-268.
- Mintzberg, H. (1994), The rise and fall of strategic planning, New York: Prentice Hall.
- Oh, H.C., Chow, W.L. (2011), Scientific evaluation of polyclinic operating strategies with discrete-event simulation, International Journal of Simulation Modelling, 10(4): 165-176. DOI: 10.2507/IJSIMM10(4)1.178
- Peng, M.W. (2000), Business strategies in transition economies, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Podhorska, I., Gajanova, L., Kliestikova, J., Popescu, G.H. (2019), Analysis of internally generated goodwill indicators: A case study of the Slovak Republic, Organizacija, 52(4): 271-280. DOI: 10.2478/orga-2019-0017
- Pucko, D., Cater, T. (2001), Business annual planning and controlling in Slovenian managerial practice, Journal for East European Management Studies, 6(4): 355-375.
- Raps, A. (2004), Implementing strategy, Strategic Finance, 85(12): 48-53.
- Sandada, M., Pooe, D., Dhurup, M. (2014), Strategic planning and its relationship with business performance among small and medium enterprises in South Africa, International Business & Economics Research Journal, 13(3): 659-670. DOI: 10.19030/iber.v13i3.8602
- Tan, Y., Takakuwa, S. (2011), Use of simulation in a factory for business continuity planning, International Journal of Simulation Modelling, 10(1): 17-26. DOI: 10.2507/IJSIMM10(1)2.172
- Weetman, P. (2003), Management accounting (3rd edition), Prentice Hall.
- Wren, D.A., Voich, D. (1994), Management - The process, structure and behavior, Economic Review, Belgrade.