A Simulation Study of Industry 4.0 Factories Based on the Ontology on Flexibility with Using Flexsim® Software
The main aim of the article is to develop a simulation model of flexible manufacturing system with applying the ontology on flexibility. Designing manufacturing systems matching both production and market requirements becomes more and more challenging due to the variability of demand for a large number of products made in many variants and short lead times. Manufacturing flexibility is widely recognised as a proven solution to achieve and maintain both the strategical and operational goals of the companies exposed to global competition. Generic simulation model of flexible manufacturing system was developed using FlexSim® 3D software, then the example data were used to demonstrate the developed model applicability. "The Ontology on Flexibility" was applied for evaluation of achieved flexibility of manufacturing system.(original abstract)
- Prifti L. et al., A Competency model for "Industrie 4.0" employees, [in:] Proceedings der 13 Internationalen Tagung Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI 2017), St. Gallen, J.M. Leimeister, W. Brenner [Eds], pp. 46-60, 2017.
- Plattform-I40.de, What is Industrie 4.0?, [Online] 2019 [Cited: 15 Dec. 2019] https://www.plattform- i40.de/PI40/Navigation/EN/Industrie40/WhatIs Industrie40/what-is-industrie40.html.
- Plattform-I40.de, 2030 Vision for Industrie 4.0 - shaping digital ecosystems globally, [Online] 2019 [Cited: 15 Dec. 2019] https://www.plattform- i40.de/PI40/Redaktion/EN/Downloads/Publika- tion/Vision-2030-for-Industrie4.0.pdf?_blob==publication File&v=8.
- Hermann M., Boriss O., Pentek T., Design principles for Industrie 4.0 scenarios: a literature review, Working Paper no. 01/2015, [Online] 2015, https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.29269.22248.
- Alcacer V., Cruz-Machado V., Smnning the Industry 4.0: a literature review on technologies for manufacturing systems, Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, 22, 3, 899-919, 2009.
- Varela M. et al., Collaborative manufacturing based on cloud, and on other I4.0 oriented principles and technologies: a systematic literature review and reflections, Management and Production Engineering Review, 9, 3, 90-99, 2018.
- Lee E., Cyber physical systems: design challenges, [in:] 11th IEEE International Symposium on Object and Component-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC), Orlando, FL, USA, pp. 363-369, 2008.
- Lee, J., Bagheri, B. and Kao, H., A cyber-physical systems architecture for Industry 4.0-based manu- facturing systems in Manufacturing Letters, January 2015, vol. 3, pp. 18-23.
- Zidek K. et al., Digital twin of experimental smart manufacturing assembly system for Industry 4.0 concept, Sustainability, 12, 3658, 2020.
- Brecher Ch., Ozdemir D. Introduction, [in:] Advances in production technology - lecture notes in production engineering, Ch. Brecher [Eds], Springer International Publishing, 2015.
- Terkaj W., Tolio T., The Italian flagship project: factories of the future, [in:] Factories of the Future. The Italian Flagship Initiative, W. Terkaj, G. Copani, T. Tolio [Eds], Springer International, 2019.
- Zidek K. et al., An automated training of deep learning networks by 3D virtual models for object recognition, Symmetry, 11, 4, 496, 2019.
- El Maraghy H. et al., Product variety management, CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, 62, 2, 629-652, 2013.
- Qin J., Liu Y., Grosvenor R., A categorical framework of manufacturing for Industry 4.0 and beyond, Procedia CIRP, 52, 173-178, 2016.
- Eloundou J. et al., Evaluation ofthe routing flexibility of flexible manufacturing system, [in:] Xth International Conference on Integrated Design and Production, CPI, Tangier, Morocco, Dec. 2-4, 2015.
- Tolio T. [Ed.], Design of flexible production systems. Methodologies and tools, Berlin, Heidelberg, Springer-Verlag, 2009.
- Salvador F. et al., Mix flexibility and volume flexibility in a build-to-order environment: Synergies and trade-offs, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 27, 11, 1173-1191, 2007.
- Banks J. et al., Discrete-event system simulation, 5th Ed., Pearson, 2010.
- Robinson S., Simulation: the practice of model development and use, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester 2004.
- Beaverstocks M., Greenwood A., Lavery E., Nordgen W., Applied simulation, modelling and analysis using FlexSim, 4th ed., FlexSim Software Products, Inc., 2014.
- Luściński S., Digital twinning for smart industry, [in:] EAI proceedings, 3rd EAI International Conference on Management of Manufacturing Systems, Dubrovnik, 2018, doi: 10.4108/eai.6-11-2018. 2279986.