The European Model of Cultural Heritage Policy
In order to understand the specificity of the European model of cultural heritage policy, we shall first take account of the main changes in the late modern world which pre-determined the repositioning of culture and cultural heritage in the world economy; then we shall trace the reasons leading to the current reappraisal of cultural heritage in European public policies, and finally we shall reveal the main trends in the European policies for cultural heritage, which form a distinguishable, coherent long-term approach that presumably can be qualified as 'the European model'. (original abstract)
- Ashley S., Re-telling, Re-cognition, Re-stitution: Sikh Heritagization in Canada, Cultura, "International Journal of Philosophy of Culture and Axiology" 2014, Vol. 11 (2), pp. 39-58, http://nrl. northumbria.ac.uk/18429/ [access: 14.08.2016].
- Beck U., Risk Society: Towards a New Modernity, New Delhi 1992.
- Bendix R., Heritage between economy and politics: an assessment from the perspective of cultural anthropology [in:] L. Smith, N. Akagawa (Eds.), Intangible Heritage, London and New York 2009.
- Bold J., The documentation of the architectural heritage in Europe: A progress report, Council of Europe 1992.
- Dragićević Šešić M., Brkić A., Matejić J., Mobilizing urban neighbourhoods: Artivism, identity, and cultural sustainability [in:] S. Hristova et al. (Eds.), Culture and Sustainability in European Cities: Imagining Europolis, London and NewYork 2015.
- Greffe X., Heritage conservation as a driving force for development [in:] Heritage and beyond, Council of Europe, December 2009.
- Harrison R., Heritage: Critical Approaches, London and New York 2013.
- Hewison R., The Heritage Industry: Britain in a Climate of Decline, London 1987.
- Hristova S., We, European cities and towns: the role of culture for the evolving European model of urban sustainability [in:] Hristova et al. (Eds.), Culture and Sustainability in European Cities: Imagining Europolis, Lodon and New York 2015.
- Lähdesmäki T., The EU'S Explicit and Implicit Heritage Politics, "European Societies" 2014, Vol. 16 (3).
- Lefebvre H., The Urban Revolution, Minneapolis and London  2003.
- Mahony N., Stephansen H.C., The frontiers of participatory public engagement, "European Journal of Cultural Studies" 2016, pp.1-15.
- Margry P.J., Memorializing a Controversial Politician: The "Heritigization" of a Materialized Vox Populi [in:] P.J. Margry, C. Sánches-Carretero (Eds.), Grassroot Memorials: The Politics of memorializing Traumatic Death, Berghahn Books 2011.
- Paludan-Müller C., Europe - A constrained and fragmented space on the edge of the continental landmasses. Crossroad, battlefield and melting pot [in:] Heritage and beyond, Council of Europe, December 2009.
- Sacco P.-L., Culture 3.0 - a new perspective for the EU 2014-2020 structural funds programming, 2011, http://www.culturalpolicies.net/web/files/241/en/Sacco_culture-3-0_CCIs-Local-and- Regional-Development_final.pdf [access: 12.05.2016].
- Salemnik O., Described, Inscribed, Written Off: Heritagisation as (Dis)connection [in:] Ph. Taylor (Ed.), Connected and Disconnected in Viet Nam: Remaking Social Relations in a Post-socialist Nation, Canberra 2016, http://press.anu.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ch093.pdf [access: 16.07.2016].
- Sánchez-Carretero C., Significance and social value of cultural heritage: analyzing the fractures of heritage [in:] M.A. Rogerio-Candelera, M. Lazzari (Eds.), Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage, London 2013.
- Smith L., Uses of Heritage, London and New York 2006.
- Walsh K., The Representation of the Past: Museums and Heritage in the Postmodern World, London 1992.
- Zukin S., The Cultures of Cities, Oxford and Malden MA 1995.
- Aalborg Charter of European Cities and Towns towards Sustainability, 1994, http://www.sustainablecities. eu/fileadmin/content/JOIN/Aalborg_Charter_english_1_.pdf [access: 08.07.2016].
- Architectural heritage: inventory and documentation methods in Europe. Proceedings. European colloquy organised by the Council of Europe and the French Ministry for Education and Culture, Direction du patrimoine, Nantes, 28-31 October 1992.
- Decision No. 445/2014/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 April 2014 establishing a Union action for the European Capitals of Culture for the years 2020 to 2033 and repealing Decision No. 1622/2006/EC, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ NOT/?uri=CELEX:32014D0445 [access: 15.08.2016].
- EC (European Commission), Supporting the cultural heritage, http://ec.europa.eu/culture/policy/ culture-policies/cultural-heritage_en.htm [access: 15.08.2016].
- EC (European Commission), Getting Cultural Heritage to Work for Europe, 2015.
- EC (European Commission: DG EAC), Mapping of Cultural Heritage actions in European Union policies, programmes and activities, 2014, http://ec.europa.eu/culture/library/reports/2014- heritage-mapping_en.pdf [access: 16.08.2016].
- EP (European Parliament: Committee on Culture and Education), Report towards an Integrated Approach to Cultural Heritage for Europe. 2014/2149(INI) http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/ getDoc.do?type=REPORT&reference=A8-2015-0207&language=EN [access: 16.08.2016].
- ICOMOS (International Council of Monuments and Sites) International charter for the conservation and restoration of monuments and sites (The Venice Charter 1964), https://www.icomos. org/charters/venice_e.pdf [access: 16.08.2016].
- Opinion of the European Committee of the Regions - Towards an integrated approach to cultural heritage for Europe, "Official Journal of the European Union" 2015/C 195/04, 12.6.2015, C 195/22-29.
- Towards an Integrated Approach to Cultural Heritage in Europe, final, Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions, COM (2014) 477, http://ec.europa.eu/culture/library/ publications/2014-heritage-communication_en.pdf [access: 16.08.2016].
- Conclusions on cultural heritage as a strategic resource for a sustainable Europe. Education, Youth, Culture and Sport Council Meeting, Brussels, 20 May 2014, https://www.consilium.europa. eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressdata/en/educ/142705.pdf [access: 18.08.2016].
- Council of Europe, European Cultural Convention (1954), Work Plan for Culture 2015-2018, http:// data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-16094-2014-INIT/en/pdf [access: 17.08.2016].
- World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED), Our Common Future. Report of the Brundtland Commission, Oxford 1987.
- Faro Convention, Council of Europe Framework Convention on the Value of Cultural Heritage for Society, Cultural Heritage, Council of Europe Treaty Series 2005, No. 199.