Brand Experience Clustering and Depiction of Brand Satisfaction, Brand Loyalty and Emotional Confidence
Brand experience (BE) is essential to depict long-term consumer brand relationships; this study investigates the influence of brand experience on emotional confidence (EC) and subsequent impact of brand satisfaction (BS) and brand loyalty (BL) in the context of car buying. Structural equation modeling was used to affirm the hypothesized relationships. This study further explores dimensions of brand experience: sensory, affective, intellectual and behavioral concerning EC, BS, and BL. Hierarchical cluster analysis was performed to depict the relationship as a consequence, and four clusters were identified. The results of the structural model suggest that there is a positive and statistically significant influence of BE on EC, there is a positive and statistically significant influence of EC on BS, and there is a positive and statistically significant influence of BS on BL. When the direct path from EC to BL was added to the model, it increased the variance explained in BL and coefficient of EC was higher than the coefficient of BS suggesting that EC is an important construct within the formwork. The results of hierarchical cluster analysis identified four clusters; the relationship among EC, BS and BL showed interesting patterns; there were higher correspondents between EC and BL than between BS and BL; the pattern was consistent with the results of the structural model. The data was collected from car showrooms across Karachi city; the respondents were users of the brand. (original abstract)
- Alam, S. and Yasin, N., 2010. The Antecedents of Online Brand Trust: Malaysian Evidence. Journal of Business Economics and Management, 11(2), pp.210-226.
- Alloza, A., 2008. Brand Engagement and Brand Experience At BBVA, The Transformation of a 150 Years Old Company. Corporate Reputation Review, 11(4), pp.371-381.
- Ambler, T., Bhattacharya, C.B., Edell, J., Keller, K.L., Lemon, K.N. and Mittal, V., 2002. Relating Brand and Customer Perspectives on Marketing Management. Journal of Service Research, 5(1), pp.13-25.
- Anderson, E. and Sullivan, M., 1993. The Antecedents and Consequences of Customer Satisfaction for Firms. Marketing Science, 12(2), pp.125-143.
- Beatty, S. and Kahle, L., 1988. Alternative Hierarchies of the Attitude-Behavior Relationship: The Impact of Brand Commitment and Habit. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 16(2), pp.1-10.
- Bennett, R. and Rundle-Thiele, S., 2004. Customer Satisfaction Should Not Be the Only Goal. Journal of Services Marketing, 18(7), pp.514-523.
- Berman, B. and Telen, S., 2004. A Guide to Developing and Managing a Well-Integrated Multi-channel Retail Strategy. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 32(3), pp.147-156.
- Brakus, J., Schmitt, B. and Zarantonello, L., 2009. Brand Experience: what is it? How is it Measured? Does it Affect Loyalty? Journal of Marketing, 73(3), pp.52-68.
- Chaudhuri, A. and Holbrook, M., 2001. The Chain of Effects from Brand Trust and Brand Affect to Brand Performance: the Role of Brand Loyalty. Journal of Marketing, 65(2), pp.81-93.
- Dick, A. and Basu, K., 1994. Customer Loyalty: Toward an Integrated Conceptual Framework. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 22(2), pp.99-113.
- Fetscherin, M. and Heillman, T., 2015. Consumer Brand Relationships: Meaning, Measuring, Managing. London: Palgrave Micmillan.
- Fredrickson, B., 2004. Gratitude, Like Other Positive Emotions, Broadens and Builds. In: R. Emmons and M. McCullough, eds. The Psychology of Gratitude. New York: Oxford University Press, pp.145-66.
- Grisaffe, D. and Nguyen, H., 2011. Antecedents of Emotional Attachment to Brands. Journal of Business Research, Volume 64, pp.1052-1059.
- Ha, H. and Perks, H., 2005. Effects of Consumer Perceptions of Brand Experience on the Web: Brand Familiarity, Satisfaction and Brand Trust. Journal of Consumer Behaviour, Volume 4, pp.438-452.
- Iglesias, O., Singh, J. and Batista-Foguet, J., 2011. The Role of Brand Experience and Affective Commitment in Determining Brand Loyalty. Brand Management, pp.570-582.
- Khan, I. and Rahman, Z., 2015. A Review and Future Directions of Brand Experience Research. International Strategic Management Review, 3(1), pp.1-14.
- Kim, B. and Sullivan, M., 1998. The Effect of Parent brand Experience on Line Extension Trial and Repeat Purchase. Marketing Letters, Vol. 9, pp.181-193.
- Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., Adam, S. and Denize, S., 2014. Principles of Marketing. Melbourne: Pearson Australia.
- Kotler, P. and Keller, K., 2009. Marketing Management. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Kwang-Ho, A., Kim, M. and Hur, W.-M., 2011. Building Brand Loyalty Through Managing Brand Community Commitment. Management Decision, Vol. 49, No. 7, pp.1194-1213.
- Lacy, R., 2007. Relationship Drivers of Customer Commitment. Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice, 15(4), pp.315-333.
- Lien, N.-H. and Kao, S.-L., 2008. The Effects of Service Quality Dimensions on Customer Satisfaction Across Different Service Types: Alternative Differentiation as a Moderator. In: Advances in Consumer Research. Association for Consumer Research (U.S.), Vol. 35, pp.522-526.
- Nam, J., Ekinci, Y. and Whyatt, G., 2011. Brand Equity, Brand Loyalty and Consumer Satisfaction. Annals of Tourism Research, 38(3), pp.1009-1030.
- Oliver, R., 1999. Whence Consumer Loyalty? Journal of Marketing, Volume 63, pp.33-44.
- Oliver, R., 2010. Satisfaction: A Behavioral Perspective on the Consumer. London: M.E. Sharpe.
- Ortmeyer, G. and Huber, J., 1991. Brand Experience as a Moderator of the Negative Impact of Promotions. Marketing Letters, Volume 2, pp.35-45.
- Park, C.W, MacInnis, D.J., Priester, J., Eisingerich, A.B. and Iacobucci, D., 2010. Brand Attachment and Brand Attitude Strength: Conceptual and Empirical Differentiation of Two Critical Brand Equity Drivers. Journal of Marketing, 74(6), pp.1-17.
- Pine, B. and Gilmore, J., 1999. The Experiential Economy: Work is Theatre and Every Business a Stage. Harvard Business School Press: Boston.
- Schmitt, B., 1999. Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, Act, Relate to Your Company and Brands. New York: The Free Press.
- Schmitt, B., 1999. Experiential Marketing. Journal of Marketing Management, p.57.
- Shankar, V., Inman, J.J., Mantrala, M., Kelley, E. and Rizley, R., 2011. Innovations in Shopper Marketing: Current Insights and Future Research Issues. Journal of Retailing, Vol. 87S, pp. S29-S42.
- Stajkovic, A., 2006. Development of a Core Confidence-higher Order Construct. Journal of Applied Psychology, 91(6), p.1208.
- Yoo, B. and Donthu, N., 2001. Developing and Validating a Multidimensional Consumer-based Brand Equity Scale. Journal of Business Research, 52(1), pp.1-14.