Quality Assessment of E-Commerce Service in The Context of Customer Expiriences
With rapid growth of the Internet, companies adopted the new information and communication technology to offer e-services to their customers. This paper addresses e-service quality issue in the electronic marketplace. Service quality of e-retailers has been recognized as an important factor in determining success of e-commerce ventures. The objective of this research is to develop a theoretical, comprehensive, and measurable framework for assessing the quality of ecommerce services and to indicate factors, which are significant for customers satisfaction and high quality online shopping experiences. This paper reviewed the most recognized evaluation criteria, which are used in different e-commerce websites, and proposes a general comprehensive framework for evaluating the quality of any e-commerce service regarding to two main areas: website features and customer service in e-commerce platform. The detailed list of quality attributes in both assessment areas was derived from the reviewed literature. The survey and analysis described in this paper enable a better understanding of the influence these quality attributes on the main quality assessment categories. The results provide an important foundation for the understanding of quality in e-commerce services that will allow to assess the strengths and weaknesses of each e-commerce service. This paper concludes by discussing the findings of this study and highlighting areas for the future research. (original abstract)
- Alzola, L. and Robaina, V. (2010). The Impact of pre-sale and post-sale Factors on Online Purchasing Satisfaction: a Survey. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 27(2), pp. 121-137.
- Anderson, R. and Swaminathan, S. (2011). Customer satisfaction and loyalty in e-markets: A PLS path modeling approach. Journal of Marketing Theory Practice, 19, pp. 221-234.
- Bauer, H., Hammerschmidt, M. and Falk, T. (2005). Measuring the quality of e-banking portals. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 23(2), pp. 153-175.
- Chiu, C., Chang, C., Cheng, H. and Fang, Y.H. (2009). Determinants of customer repurchase intention in online shopping. Online Information Review, 33, pp. 761-784.
- Davidavičienė, V. and Tolvaišas, J. (2011). Measuring quality of ecommerce web sites: case of Lithuania. Economics and Management, 16, pp. 723-729.
- Fassnacht, M. and Koese, I. (2006). Quality of electronic services: Conceptualizing and testing a hierarchical model. Journal of Service Research, 9(1), pp. 19-37.
- Hong, I. and Cho, H. (2011). The impact of consumer trust on attitudinal loyalty and purchase intentions in B2C e-marketplaces: Intermediary trust vs. seller trust. International Journal of Information Management, 31, pp. 469-479.
- Jun, M., Yang, Z. and Kim, D. (2004). Customers' perceptions of online retailing service quality and their satisfaction, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 21(8), pp. 817-840.
- Kim, C., Galliers, R., Shin, N., Ryoo, J. and Kim, J. (2012). Factors influencing Internet shopping value and customer repurchase intention. Electronic Commerce Research and Application,11, pp. 374-387.
- Pasuraman, A. and Berry, L.L. (1988). SERVQUAL: A Multiple item scale for measuring customer perception of service quality. Journal of Retailing, 64, pp. 12-40.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. and Malhotra, A. (2005). E-S-QUAL: A Multiple-Item Scale for Assessing Electronic Service Quality. Journal of Service Research, 7(3), pp. 13-33.
- Santos, J. (2003). E-service quality: a model of virtual service quality dimensions. Management Service Quality, 13(3), pp. 233-246.
- Qin, S., Zhao, L., Yong-tao S. and Ting Ch. (2008). Conceptualizing Consumers' Perceptions of Ecommerce Quality. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 36(5), pp. 360-374.
- Udo, G., Bagchi, K. and Kirs, P. (2010). An assessment of customers' e-service quality perception. Satisfaction and intention. International Journal of Information Management, 30, pp. 481-492.
- Wolfinbarger, M. and Gilly, M. (2003). E-tail: Dimensionalizing, measuring and predicting e-tail quality. Journal of Retailing, 79(3), pp. 183-198.
- Yang, H., Wu, C. and Wang, K. (2009). An empirical analysis of online game service satisfaction and loyalty. Expert Systems Applications, 36, pp. 1816-1825.
- Zehir, C. and Narcıkara, E. (2016). E-Service Quality and E-Recovery Service Quality: Effects on Value Perceptions and Loyalty Intentions. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 229, pp. 427-443.
- Zehir, C. and Sadikoglu, E. (2012). Relationships among total quality management practices: An Empirical study in Turkish industry. International journal of Performability Engineering, 8 (6), pp. 667-678.
- Zeithaml, A. (2002). Service Exellence in Electronic Channels. Managing Service Quality, 12(3), pp. 13-138.