Cloud Manufacturing Platform and Architecture Design
Cloud Manufacturing (CMfg) is an emerging networked manufacturing paradigm and serviceoriented manufacturing model, in which distributed manufacturing resources are made available by providers according to consumers' requirements as on-demand manufacturing services via networks (manufacturing clouds) and cloud manufacturing service platforms. Considering the concept of cloud manufacturing and its operation principle, the paper designs and introduces new proposal of cloud manufacturing service platform architecture, including the following six layers: physical resources layer, soft resources layer, virtual resources layer, services layer, application layer and service-oriented interface layer. After surveying majority of papers introducing architectures of CMfg service platforms, the paper recommends to map both hard as well as soft resources into cloud services from resource layers to virtual resource layer which highlights the core idea of the concept. The paper discusses also the fundamentals of the CMfg paradigm, introduces three groups of actors that participate in a cloud manufacturing system, as well as indicates briefly a typical hierarchy architecture of cloud manufacturing system. (original abstract)
- Adamson, G., Lihui, W., Holm, M. and Moore, P. 2017. Cloud manufacturing - a critical review of recent development and future trends. International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 30 (4-5), pp. 347-380.
- Gudanowska, A.E. 2017. Transformation Towards Industry 4.0 - Identification of Research Trends and Aspect of Necessary Competences in the Light of Selected Publications. Research in Logistics and Production, 7(5), pp. 431-441.
- Huang, B., Li, Ch., Yin, C., Zhao and X.P. 2013. Cloud manufacturing service platform for small- and medium-sized enterprises. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 65 (9- 12), pp. 1261-1272.
- Li, B.H., Zhang, L., Wang, S., Tao, F., Cao, J., Jiang, X. and Song, X. 2010. Cloud Manufacturing: A New Service-Oriented Networked Manufacturing Model. Computer-Integrated Manufacturing Systems, 16 (1), pp. 1-8.
- Liu, Y.K. Xu, X., Zhang, L., Wang, L. and Zhong, R.Y. 2017. Workload-based multi-task scheduling in cloud manufacturing. Robotics and Computer-integrated manufacturing, 45, pp. 3-20.
- Lv, B. 2012. A Multi-View Model Study for the Architecture of Cloud Manufacturing. Proceedings on the Third IEEE International Conference on Digital Manufacturing and Automation (ICDMA). Guilin, pp. 93-97.
- Ning, F., Zhou, W., Zhang, F., Yin, Q. and Ni, X. 2011. The Architecture of Cloud Manufacturing and Its Key Technologies Research. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing and Intelligence Systems (CCIS). Beijing, pp. 259-263.
- Ren, L., Zhang, L., Zhang, Y., Tao, F. and Luo, Y. 2011. Resource virtualization in cloud manufacturing. Computer-Integrated Manufacturing Systems CIMS, 17(3), pp. 511-518.
- Ren, L., Zhang, L., Tao, F., Zhao, Ch., Chai, X. and Zhao, X. 2015. Cloud manufacturing: from concept to practice. Enterprise Information Systems, 9(2), pp. 186-209.
- Siderska, J. and Jadaan, K.S. 2018. Cloud manufacturing: a service-oriented manufacturing paradigm. A review paper. Engineering Management in Production and Services, 10(1), pp. 22-31.
- Siderska, J. 2018. Cloud Manufacturing - the Adoption of Virtual Production Line to Soft Resources Analysis. The 8th International Conference of Engineering. Project and Production Management: EPPM 2017 Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 225-233.
- Tao, F., Zhang, L., Venkatesh, V.C., Luo, Y. and Cheng, Y. 2011. Cloud manufacturing: A computing and service-oriented manufacturing model. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part B Journal of Engineering Manufacture, pp. 1969-1976.
- Tao, F., LaiLi, Y., Xu, L. and Zhang, L. 2013. FC-PACO-RM: A Parallel Method for Service Composition Optimal-Selection in Cloud Manufacturing System. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 9(4), pp. 2023-2033.
- Wang, M., Zhou, J. and Jing, S. 2012. Cloud Manufacturing: Needs, Concept and Architecture. Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE 16th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, Wuhan, pp. 321-327.
- Wang, X.V., and Xu, X. 2013. An interoperable solution for Cloud manufacturing. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 29(4), pp. 232-247.
- Wang, X.V., Givehchi, M. and Wang, L. 2017. Manufacturing system on the cloud: a case study on cloudbased process planning. Procedia CIRP, 63, pp. 39-45.
- Xu, X. 2012. From cloud computing to cloud manufacturing. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 28, pp. 75-86.
- Zhang, L., Luo Y., Tao, F., Li, B., Ren, L., Zhang, X., Guo, H., Cheng, Y., Hu, A. and Liu, Y. 2014. Cloud manufacturing: a new manufacturing paradigm. Enterprise Information System, 8(2), pp. 167-187.